The Proposal

Harry's point of view

Walking into the kitchen, my mind was racing. I found myself triple checking every detail of the room to make sure it was perfect.

Ron then came downstairs to find me repositioning the plates and candles, for what seemed like the one-thousandth time.

"Awe, mate, you didn't have to do this for me." He teased jokingly.

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not for you. It's for Ginny and everything must be perfect." I stood back from the table to review my work once more. Ginny would be here in a matter of minutes, so I went over my checklist once more.

Ron stood next to me looking at the table in astonishment. "Wow, I didn't think you could pull it off, but this looks bloody brilliant. Only-"

"What!" I froze, Ginny was going to walk through the door at any moment and if everything wasn't perfect I was going to have a mental breakdown.

"Are you sure you want to go with six-inch candles instead of eight-inch candles, because that could make or break the deal." He said, unable to suppress his laughter any longer.

I shot daggers at him just as Mrs. Weasley walked into the room.

"Ron Weasley," she glared at him, "leave that poor boy alone. He's probably nervous enough as it is!"

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley."

"Harry, how many times do I have to tell you, you are way too much a part of this family to keep calling me Mrs. anything." She gave me a reassuring smile that made me relax more.

"Now, Ron, go get George and tell him it's time to go. Ginny will be here any moment." She exclaimed as she shoved her son into the other room.

Molly, Ron, and George came over to my flat to help me prepare for tonight. Ginny and I moved in together about the time Hermione left to go find her parents in Australia. It was small, but comfortable, it was all Ginny and I needed.

Ten minutes later, Molly, Ron, and George were out the door, and I was left alone thinking about all the different scenarios for tonight.

1. She could say yes, we'd get married, and my life would be complete.

2. She could say no, break-up with me, and leave me.

3. She could say no, but we would still be together, and just wait for a better time to get engaged/married.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the front door being shut. I lifted myself from the chair and walked towards the edge of the room to see Ginny. She looked absolutely beautiful, even though she had just come back from practice with the Holyhead Harpies. A few strands of hair stuck out of her pony-tail, and it took everything I had in me to not go over there, tuck the hairs behind her ear, and snog her senseless. She looked up from her bag of quidditch robes and saw me, smiling like an idiot.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into a hug. Hearing a gasp, I figured that she saw the kitchen.

She pulled away and looked at me, a look of complete, and utter love. My eyes didn't leave hers, until she stood on her tip-toes and kissed me. It had been seven years, and yet, I still get all giddy whenever we kiss.

Before I knew what was happening, Ginny pulled away and was running into our room to get changed I suspected.

When Ginny came back in, she was wearing a beautiful light flowy dress that came to her knees. She put on the slightest bit of make-up; blush and mascara. I couldn't help but ogle at her.