-001

-6 Years Later-

°Justice°

"Mommy!" I hear my daughter yell.

'Yes,Grace!" I yell back.

"Look at me." She says.

I look up from my phone, to see my six year old daughter swinging back and forth on the swing set. I smile, as her long hair flows with the wind. After Grayson died, I found out about her. My parents were very supportive of my decision to keep her. Grace has the last name of Carson, my fiance.

He took me in after the death of Grayson. The only thing is, he thinks that Grace is his. I hate lying to him, but I needed some stability. The only person that knows that Grace isn't his is me. I didn't want her to grow up knowing that her father was killed and his murder was still unsolved.

Ethan has also been like a father to her. He and Ana broke up right after high school.

I however, went into medical school. I became a surgeon, to help people. After Grayson died in my arms, I've wanted to help others.

I look away from Grace, to my right. I see a tall man staring at me. He has on a long black pea coat, with dark jeans. He has black hair, and a long beard to match his hair. His hands are tucked into his jacket pockets.

I see his eyes narrow to Grace. I get up quickly, and rush over to her. I stop the swing, and she hops out of it. I look over my shoulder, to see if he's still there. He's not. I sigh in relief.

"Why'd you stop the swing. I was going so high." Grace says.

"I thought you might wanna go get some ice cream, then we'll meet your dad at the movie theater." I say.

"Daddy's coming with us?" She asks, as she jumps up and down.

I nod, while smiling.

"Yep, and you can eat all the ice cream you want." I say.

"Okay." She smiles.

She grabs her coat, and puts it on. She untucks her hair from the coat, and grabs my hand. We walk to my car, and I sit her in the backseat, and I  buckle her seatbelt.

I go to the driver's side, and open the door. I start to get in, but I hear what sounds like someone calling my name. I look around, but no one is there. I shrug it off, and get into the car.

We ride in silence, but Grace speaks to me.

"Mommy?" She asks.

"Yes, Gracie." I say, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

"What are we gonna do for my birthday?" She asks.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, Grace think about it. Okay, sweetheart." I say.

She nods.