-003

-unedited

°Justice°

Demarco.

Oh shit. Why was Grayson here? What did he want? How did he find out where I live. I think about that, but I realize that he's been watching Grace and I for the past 6 years. But why was he here now.

I let him see Grace, and that's all he wanted. We set dates for them to see each other, while he's still figuring things out for himself.

That's what we agreed to, so why is going back on his word? And now out of all moments, he decides to pop up out of literally nowhere.

"Who the hell is Demarco?" Carson asks.

"He's my patient from last night." I say.

"What is he doing here?" Carson asks.

"I don't know." I say.

"Well, let's find out." He says.

I can feel my chest getting heavier and heavier, as Carson makes it to the door to let Grayson in.

All the things I kept hidden were now about to come out. I couldn't run from my lies anymore. This is it.

I see Carson and 'Demarco' walk back into the living room. We all stand behind the couch, as Carson looks at me. Grayson stands to my right and Carson stands to my left.

Carson begins to speak, but Grace runs down the stairs.

"Daddy!" She yells.

Carson holds out his arms, but Grace runs past him and runs into Grayson's arms. Grayson hugs her back, and kisses her cheek.

She giggles, and holds his hands. She turns to Carson, while still being hugged by Grayson.

"This is my dad." She says.

Carson looks at me, then to Grace, and lastly at Grayson. He shakes his head, as a tear runs down his face. I feel like I just ran him over with a monster truck.

"Carson, I'm sor-"

"What the hell is going on here?" Carson asks.

Loren takes Grace from Grayson, noticing the tension in the room. Grace kisses Grayson on the cheek, and walks upstairs with Loren.

"Why does she think this guy is her dad? Who even are you?" Carson asks.

Grayson crosses his arms, while looking at Carson. Behind all his facial, I can make out his expression. He looks angry, but why?

"Come on, Carson. Don't act like you don't you don't know who I am." Grayson says.

"I don't. Justice, tell this man to leave." Carson says.

"Carson, you know who the fuck I am. You know why I'm here, and you know what I want." Grayson says.

"What is he talking about, Carson?" I ask.