The Still

An obscene, catastrophic force took away the luscious beauty of earth; there is no green, no blue, no vibrant hues. They were all removed in the span of 24 days. All that is left is black, gray, and a sickly purple. It spread through the earth like a plague, in the roots and the water, casting everything it touched into an eternal standstill. Only a handful of about 4,000,000 people haven't been Stilled, and they look for a way to free the stilled from their bonds. Fortunately, technology wasn't Stilled, and many medical professionals look for a way to get things to move.

          While some are patiently waiting for a promised cure, others are not so patient. They know that there is no way in hell that this is natural. One of these people is Lilian Ritter, an 18-year-old brunette girl who is stubborn and sarcastic. She’s from Washington DC- or, the new one, anyway. Along with her merry band of renegades, as well as some against the government that she meets in her travels, she narrowly avoids the extremely merciless and secretive government that wants to keep the truth to themselves.

        During her travels, her stunning features and defiant personality attract the attention of many people even if she doesn’t realize it. She also learns to take her feelings about these men into account, because her choice of the wrong one may or not have her end up dead.

       But along the way to find out the truth, what will happen if the Still isn't as still as before?

(A/N): Hi readers! This is obviously my first Wattpad story and I am so glad to share this with y'all!  The romance factor isn't going to be THAT big of a player in this, and that's why it isn't in that category, the plot and things with the Still are going to be key, hopefully (I’m a sap, so that might change). If I have any content inconsistencies, PLEASE tell me, because that really frustrates me when I read. I'll ask questions on this as I continue writing, but should I continue?I really like this story idea, and I can promise it won't be complete bull.