Chapter 4 - Confession

Keith's Pov

A light tug on my shoulder forces me to open my eyes, a low grunt coming from my mouth at having to do so. "Hey Keith buddy, you alive?" Shiro half joked as my blurred vision became clearer. My head was propped against a bed and a controller in my hand. The sound of guns firing cam from the TV. "We played Cod until we crashed at around midnight, yesterday was sure a long day" he chuckled,reminiscing the previous occurrences of the night. "I recall winning all the games though Shiro, surely you put in no effort what so ever," My voice was groggy and deep due to the fact I was just woken up. Shiro pouted at my words. "Anyways, what's the time?" I asked, not wanting to be late to my first lesson. " 1 o'clock" Shiro replied, glaring at the clock to try and read the time. "WHAT!?!?!" My heart skipped a beat, my first class was at 10 and my second at half 12. If I'm lucky I'll be able to make it to the second and still learn something.

"Chill Keith," Shiro spoke in a calm tone, a knowing smirk present on his face. "Today we both only have  sport at 2 for an hour, which is good considering we have volley ball training straight after that" My heart beat returned to its usual state and the panic left me at his words. Sport had always been a way for me to calm down, even when I'm calm it's just enjoyable. I never like to be in the lime light, this was one of the reasons I loved being libero. That and I was always better at defense than offense. I also enjoyed boxing and swimming, however nothing could top volleyball in my eyes.

"H-hey umm Shiro, we're friends right?" My gaze settled on the floor, I can't believe I was going to come out to Shiro already but he feels like more of a brother to me than anyone in the care home ever did. "Of course Keith I mean you're a great guy and we kind of have to be we're roommates" he tone made it obvious that the last part of his reply was a joke. "Well, as we're roommates. I have something I need to tell you" Shiro's face lost its cheeky grin at my serious tone " I understand if you hate me after i tell you this, i understand if you feel uncomfortable and want me to move dorms. Thank you for being so nice to me for the past day..." my breath caught in my throat, choking me. Tears began to fill my eyes as my shaking hand gripped my loose shirt, attempting to calm my nerves. "I-i'm Gay"

 I didn't dare look up at Shiro's  expression, expecting a look of disgust or anger to be thrown towards me. A pair of warm arms engulfed me into a hug, his hand soothingly rubbing circles into my back. " Keith, buddy. Its ok, i'm not a homophobic asshole. i wasn't going to tell you this because i didn't know your opinion on the matter. I'm bisexual, i have a boyfriend who's a middle blocker on our team. Just know you're not alone. Honestly, three-quarters of this school were raised in a strict catholic house holds and half of this are homophobic. Now you can see why I usually sit alone in astrology" He chuckled to himself in a humorless manner. We smiled to each other, knowing it was ok. "Let's get ready for sport then." he held his hand out to me, which I accepted and walked to the bathroom to prepare for my favorite class.

*Time skip*

The monochrome gravel crunched under my trainers as me and Shiro made our way to the sport department of the school, the cool autumn air nipped at my skin. "A fair warning, our class is mainly made up of the jocks. However, Matt and some of the team are also in this class so it'll be good for you to meet them prior to training." he grinned down at me, his straight, white teeth gleamed slightly. My shoulder became sore as we entered the building, Shiro explaining what was happening currently in the volleyball team, of which i caught most of. However, a large portion of my attention was taken up by studying the changing rooms that i was currently standing in. It had a faint smell of sweat that was over clouded by cleaning supplies and various cologne scents. It looked modern and newly refurbished, the locker doors pattern identical to the ones of the dorm rooms. Shiro had left to find the volleyball team, so i could be formally introduced before practice. After refilling my water bottle, i began to search my locker for my new trainers. Once i found them in the corner of my locker i took a seat on a bench in the middle of the maze of the locker room.  

The metal bench was cool under my pale thighs, the little heat radiating off of me warmed the bench slightly. The sound  of rubber squeaking on the shimmering tiles became louder as my head shot to the direction i had perceived the sound to be coming from. Shock horror, it's Lance. Why does fate hat me? His perfect looks keep taunting and tempting me. His Winter blue eyes land on me and a smirk is planted on his light mocha skin.

Lance's Pov

"Yeah Bro see you later" I turned and opened the door with my hand, only using a slight amount of force. Being a new door there was no sound emitting from it. The room was full of lockers, making it almost maze like. A strong scent caught my attention, leading me to a place I knew I needn't go. It was familiar. I love it, I could get addicted from one whiff. Turning the corner, a smirk was yet again present on my face.
"Hey pretty boy, are you lost?" The hint of smugness I knew was present in my voice obviously made him agitated. His face held a scowl, yet his eyes had a glimmer. An emotion I couldn't quite depict, something I had never felt. The feeling returned, the feeling in my stomach that was caused by him.

The feeling grew stronger as he approached me, after a few taunting jokes his face held a stronger expression of disdain than before. " You're too weak to do sport aren't you gorgeous?" I mocked, not meaning the words I spoke yet they felt scripted. I persistently tried to ignore the tingles  erupting within me. His scowl was gone in a matter of milli seconds and was now replaced with a smirk. I swallowed the lump in my throat, my face now feeling hot. His trainers squeaked slightly as he moved towards me, his face now inches from my own. I studied it now, features I hadn't seen before now evident to me. His eyes held specks of purple, shades I have never known to exist. His nose had small freckles that you couldn't see without being so close. His eyelashes, a dark charcoal that fanned over his porcelain skin. His skin was smooth, no noticeable imperfections, almost no pigment. He looked perfect. No. I can't think like this, I like girls. I've never liked guys. So why do I want to kiss him?

His slim arms pinned me again the lockers, which made me realise I was back up against them. The cool metal was pressed again the fabric of my shirt, the hinges digging into my back slightly. "I see what you're doing, don't mock me or I swear I'll -" the urge had taken over me completely, I cut him off by leaning closer. Our lips connected. I liked it. He was kissing me back and the smell overwhelmed me as we stood there. I'm a monster. Why do I like this. This isn't normal. I pulled away, my breathes came out as pants. We both watched each other, analyzing the others reaction. The kiss was good..the feeling lurched on my lips as the memory replayed in my head taunting me. "No...no..I-i can't. This is wrong. .no" His eyes became glossed over and sad at my words. A tear rolled down my cheek as I pushed his arms out of the way, running out of the locker room. His hand reached out to mine, shouting my name as I left.

The walls were a blur as I ran, the feeling of guilt pressing down on my chest. My hands fumbled as I unlocked my door, slamming it behind me. My back hitting the door as I slid down it, slowly before I'm sitting on the floor. My knees to my chest, my head in my hands. Tears flowed down my face, slowly dripping onto the carpet. I've never loved someone..now I love a boy. This isn't normal. Mama loves a man. Papa loves a woman. That's what they told me. That's what they said was right. They're going to hate me now. I'm wrong...

Hey guys!!! Some langst for you in this chapter and THEY KISSED!!! I've probably rushed it, tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments.I know like no one's reading this, but when (or if) this book gets 100 views, I'll do 10 facts about myself. Thanks for reading and I should be updating withing a week, please vote if you liked it. Byeeee!!! - Bb xx