The call

*Two Weeks Later*

I woke up this morning and then looked at my phone there was something that caught my eye. It was a missed call from my mom. My mom and I had not talked for a year. She had sided with my dad and I couldn't have that kind of person in my life. As I opened the voicemail tears came to my eyes.

Hi honey,
I know I am probably the last person you want to hear from but something bad has happened. Your father came home a few days ago from who knows where and looked terrible. I brought him to the hospital and they found out he had two weeks to live. Your father has extreme liver cancer. I hope you can come and visit him one last time.
Love you,
Mom

My heart started to race I could not believe what I was hearing. My dad was dying and there was nothing I could do. Yes he did terrible things to me but I still love him. I let out a loud scream and tears flooded out of my eyes. I curled up in a ball on my floor and sobbed. This could not be happening, this wasn't real.

*hour later*

I had finally calmed myself down and booked a plane ticket home right away. The flight would leave tomorrow. I grabbed my suitcase and started packing. I suddenly heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I yelled not even caring that I had my pajamas on and make up running down my face. It was Ivan who I had not seen in a day. When he saw me standing there with my suitcase he rushed and gave me a hug. He did not even ask what was wrong he just knew that I needed a hug.

"Are you ok?" He asked sympathetically with his arms wrapped around me tightly. The tears returned to my eyes as I explained what had happened to him.

"I am coming with you" he said strictly.

"No! I have to do this alone" I replied back. My heart raced as he walked out of my room angrily.

*The next morning*

It was 6:30 A.M. And my flight left in a hour. I got dressed for the long hours ahead of me. I was so tired and my eyes ached from crying so much yesterday. I tried to cover the puffiness with some make up but it still showed.

When I was done getting ready my Uber had arrived

When I was done getting ready my Uber had arrived. I jumped in and was ready for my flight.

When I arrived at the airport I felt like everyone was staring at me. Suddenly some fans came up behind me.

"Can we get a picture with you?" they questioned me. I said yes and we took some awesome photos. I was surprised because I had not posted in awhile with everything that has been going on.

*Home*

I walked through the doors of the hospital and saw my mom crying. No! I am to late.

"What happened!" I yelled, "Where is he!" I saw doctors running to someone's room so I followed it was my fathers. I heard the last beeps of his heart as the monitor went flat. I screamed racing toward him when a doctor pulled me out of the room. It was all over, I was to late.