Chapter 2

"What happened?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know." I said, too shocked to move. Harry slowly moved and we all ran to help him up. He got up and there she laid, like she was sleeping, or something worse.

"So what happened?" Niall repeated.

"She was running across the street and a truck was coming. She would've been hit if I didn't push us out of the way." Harry explained, not taking his eyes off her.

"So, why isn't she awake?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know, maybe she's paralyzed with fear or something." Harry said.

"I doubt that." Liam said. "She probably hit her head on the pavement."

"Should we take her to the hospital?" I asked. "Does anyone know where one is?"

"Louis," Harry glared at me, looking up from her lifeless body for the first time. "We're in the middle of nowhere. What do you think?"

I shot my hands up in defence."Sorry, just trying to help." I mumbled.

"We should at least get her to the bus. She might get sick out here." Niall suggested

Harry scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bus. He placed her down in his bed, tucking the covers gently around her body and looked up at us. "What do we do now?"

"We should keep driving until we get to Austin." Liam said. "Frankie," He went to our bus driver. "How much longer until Austin?"

"It will take us 2 hours." He replied.

"2 hours?" Harry exclaimed. "Can it be any sooner? Can you take a shortcut? Go a bit faster than the limit? Anything?" He started pacing around the small room, mumbling things to himself. Eventually sitting at the table.

The doors closed and the bus lurched forward. I sat across from Harry as the rest of the boys went back to bed. "Hey," I said, touching his arm. "What's up?"

Harry sighed and shook his head, his curls falling messily onto his face.

"Why are you so worried?" I asked.

"It's just, it's my fault she ran out onto the road and now it's my fault she's unconscious." He put his head in his hands.

"Come on mate, you can't blame yourself for this." I reasoned. " How would we know she was in the bathroom or that truck would come when it did? You did everything right."

"Then why do I feel so guilty?" He demanded.

I sighed. "I don't know." We sat in silence for a few moments before I got up. "I'm going to bed. Don't stay up all night."

*The Next Morning*

I slowly came to with a pounding in my head. I opened my eyes to nothing but darkness.

I screamed as loud as I could and thrashed around. All of a sudden I kicked something hard.....most likely a wall. I felt searing painshoot up up my leg, I groaned in pain. But I didn't stop, I could be in the hands of some crazy killer, or rapist. I kept thrashing and my foot hit something soft. My foot went through it followed by the rest of my body. I heard a crack as I hit the floor. I screamed in pain and and looked back at my throbbing ankle. I looked at my surroundings and noticed to my left a picture in a frame of a boy who lookes around my age with a buzz cut.

My heart sped up and not in a good way. I got up off the floor and limped as fast as i could to the door and through the heavy door. I immediaty squinted my eye from the harsh, blinding sun. I looked around and there was nothing around but desert and a small cafe staright ahead.

I notice a familiar head of chestnut brown curls through the window. I was drawn automaticly to him and my feet took me towards him. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the same buzz cut boy from the picture turn and look at me. My eyes widened and I got as far away from him as I could with my ankle.

A/N: YO YO YO! Hope you guys enjoy it so far. The picture of Liam that she saw on the bus is on the side! We made a trailer for this and its up on youtube! Check it out --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3zE1EESD8

Were gonna start doing Questions of the chapter! So first question: Whats your favourite kind of chocolate?

Talk to you next chapter ^_^

Maddy and Jess