The Throne Room

Gaia Estrov stands outside of the large, ornate doors to her father's throne room, fidgeting with the fine lace of her light blue gown. "Be calm, prinkípissa." Her maid, Corrina whispers to her. "His Vasiliás does not wish you to be so worried all the time!" The maid lightly takes the princesses hands and unravels them from the gown, shaking her head. Gaia frowns, chewing on her lip. "I can not possibly fathom the reason for him summoning me to the throne room, he never has before.." she shakes her head slightly, causing the tiara on her head to tilt to the side. Corrina quickly fixes it, just as the doors swing open.
        Gaia jumps slightly, startled at the sight of the throne room sprawled before her. One of her father's advisors motion her forward, and Gaia slowly approaches her father, who lounges on his golden throne. Beside of him rests her eldest brother, his eyes twinkling as he watches his youngest sister near him. The princess drops into a low curtsey in front of her father, rising when he tells her to. The tiara slides forward slightly on her head, causing the young girl to blush slightly. The hall is silent for a few moments, until the king's loud, booking voice echoes over the room. "Gaia Estrov, I, the king of zymariká, order you to be married upon your eighteenth birthday, in four months. You will be provided with suitors from which to choose, and if at the three month mark you have not made your choice, one will be made for you." He then waved his hand, not even glancing at his daughter. "That is all, you are dismissed." The king had never been quite fond of his children, and his youngest often got overlooked. Afterall, the Estrov family had so many children, how could such a busy, powerful man like the king be expected to keep up? Gaia stutters and gapes at her father, shocked by his emotionless decree. "Whatever do you mean?!" She practically shrieks, her face draining of color. "Three months?! How can you possibly expect me to find a husband in three months?!" She stutters over her words, balling her hands into fists. Her eldest brother, Amosis, smirks at her. "We don't," he drawls, taking a bite out of a grape. "That is why we have been so kind as to offer to choose for you." Gaia gapes at her brother, seeing her entire future unraveling in her hands. She knew she had to marry at some point... But now seemed so sudden, so unexpected... The young princess didn't realize she was crying until Corrina was pressing a silk peice of cloth to her cheeks, and escorting her out of the throne room. The second the large doors close behind her, Gaia is overcome by anger and stress, tears freely spilling from her eyes. Her maid tries to comfort her, but Gaia finds herself pushing away, and running. Her heels slide as they clip against the marble floors, and she isn't quite sure where she is going. Her father's castle is large, as a child, young Gaia would be lost for days to its winding passages and curving  stairways. Gaia finds herself in an older part of the castle, collapsing in an abandoned servant's passage off the main hall. She seals the door shut behind her, collapsing in a sad, sobbing heap on the floor.