Chapter Four

Malik... 

"When are you going to quit your job?" Lani asks me. I sigh and pause my game. 
"How many times we gone go through this Lani?" I snap at her. She shuts the T.V off and stomps her foot. 
"We're gonna go through this until you quit Malik!" She shouts and I quickly stand up.
  "I'm not quitting a job that pays my bills! A job that put that fucking ring on your finger and a job that provides for your ass because you won't even get your own!" I yell at her and I breathe heavily due to my anger. She starts to tear up but I still hold my glare.
  "I-I can't do this anymore Malik... I can't!" I furrow my eyebrows as as stomps her way up the stairs. I quickly follow behind her.
"Yo! Fuck you mean? Because I'm being honest with you?! You're just going to end it all right now?!" She ignored me and went into our room.  She yanks her suitcase from the closet and begins to sloppily shove clothes in it. "If you leaving you ain't taking the shit I bought!" My nostrils fate as I yank the suitcase from the ground and dump everything out. She always did this dumb shit.
  "Fine! I don't want any of the shit anyways." She yelled tears streaming down her face.

"You so fucking over dramatic! You just gone throw eight years away! Just like that?!" I scream at her.
"Yes I am! You're not shit Malik! I don't want you anymore. There's plenty of men that will treat me better!" She says and I chuckle bitterly.  "You think another nigga gone pay your bills? You think he's gonna provide for a woman who won't even provide for her self?! I don't know how the fuck I did it all these years." She shook her head and kept packing her clothes.  As she did that I made sure to pull out everything that I had bought for her. I sat on the edge of the bed and watched her finish collecting her things. She glanced at me and rolled her eyes and rolled her case out the room. I heard her go down the stairs and sighed. Quickly hopping up I followed behind her.  By the time I got to her she was already at her car.   "C'mon stop. Baby don't do this." I stopped her from opening the car door. 
"Move Malik. I'm serious the time." She says not bothering to look at me. I grabbed her chin forcing her to look at me.

"I love you Lani stop." I mumbled and pecked her lips lightly. She stared at me for a moment before shaking her head.  She pushed me back and slid in the car. I clenched my jaw and stepped back from the car as she started it. I nodded and poked my bottom lip out. "Coo.." I mumbled to myself watching her pull off. I bit my lip trying to hold in my emotions.  I walked back into the house and slammed the door behind me. I say back on the couch and started my game back up. I tried to temporarily remove what had just happened from my mind. A good hour went by when my phone rung. I paused my game and picked it up.  Looking at the screen I furrowed my eyebrows. It was a unknown call. I finally answered it.
"Yo." 
"H-hello." I pulled the phone from my ear and made a confused face.
"Who's this?"
"Xyla..." I smiled a little sitting back.  "Well hello!" I smirked. She let out a cute giggle. It was silent for a moment. "Wassup baby girl?" I asked. "Nothing... you told me to call..." Her stutter was cute.
"Yeah.... Do you mind me asking where you live?" I bit my lip sitting forward.
  "New York... you?"
"Same, what part?" Good thing she's so close. 
"The city." I smiled.
"Me too!"
"Wow... D-do you want to FaceTime?" She asks.
"Yeah."

Seconds later she calls me from FaceTime.  
"Hi..." She says shyly. She looks mad young. 
"Hey beautiful." Her cheeks turn a rosy color. I chuckle and bite my lip.   "Why you so shy?" I chuckle. She shrugs. "Whatchu wearing?" I ask licking my lips.
"Nothing special..." She looks away from the camera. I laugh lightly.  "Lemme see." She visibly hesitates but then pans the camera over her body. She wasn't thick but her body fit her.  "Beautiful." I smirk at her. "You seem so innocent." I say squinting my eyes at her. She blushes and bites her lip. "The quiet ones always the freakiest huh?" I say and she shrugs. I let out a chuckle and stand from the couch. "Where can I meet you?" I asked her raising a eyebrow.
"I-I don't know.." She replied lowly.  "You know that old diner down on 21st street?" I ask. She nods and twirls get hair. "Meet me there." I said entering my bedroom.
"What time?" She asks cutely. I twisted my lips thinking.
"7:30 tonight." I said finally making my decision.
  "Okay!" She says with a bright smile. I laugh lightly and climb into my bed.

"Eager are we?" I raise my eyebrows at her. She blushes red and looks away from the camera. "Stop blushing so much." I cheese at her. 
"I-I can't help it." She bites into her bottom lip making me do the same.  "You're adorable." I state. She looked back into the camera and stares into my eyes.
"Really?" She asks. I nod and put my arm behind my head. 
"Yeah ma... I don't lie." I rubbed my curls with my hand.  She smiles.  "Thank you Malik."
"You're welcome beautiful." She goes to say something but there's a knock at her door. She looks uneasy for a moment.
"I have to go... see you later!" She waves at me.
"Bye!" I wave back and she ends the call. I honestly don't know what I'm getting my self into. Shit Lani wanna act up so can I. ______________________ Comment/vote LOVE YOU LITTLE SHITS❤❤❤❤ Without you guys I wouldn't be writing, honestly 🖤