Chapter Eleven

Xyla... 

"Happy birthday Xy!" Sam screamed as she walks towards me. I gave her a little smile and she frowned. "Don't tell me you're still upset over him! Xyla c'mon it's not like you two were dramatically in love. It's been what? almost a month?" I rolled my eyes playfully at her and let out a little giggle.
"I guess you're right." I sigh. Sam looks around the house with a huge smile.
"This party is lit! Who planned this?" She asks me coming closer.
"Nathan and Shawn." I mumble.  "Wow! They can plan mine cause shit!" I shake my head at her and walk into the kitchen where drunk teenagers are scattered everywhere. I push past a couple trying to get to the drinks. I poured some punch in a cup and slowly took a sip.
"Happy birthday!" A kid from my senior class said coming to stand next to me. 
"Thanks." I said dryly. He stared at me for a second before looking straight. Sam came wandering into the kitchen towards me.
"What's up with you?" The boy chuckles. I give him a side glare and he holds up his hands in defense.
"It's none of your business." I spit. "Don't mind her Kev! She just lost the best dick in her life... I'd be upset too!"  My face heats up from embarrassment and I playfully punch her shoulder. "Oh shut up Samantha!" I say calling her by her full name. She laughs, holding her stomach. 

"It's true Xyla!" She says between her fit of giggles. Kev, as I learned his name was, raised his eyebrows at us with a smirk on his lips.
"I can show you that, that wasn't the best if you decide to leave here with me." He says scooting closer. Me and Sam both stop giggling and just stare at him. "What?" He asks. Sam rolls her eyes extra hard and looks back at me. "Anyways! Where's your sexy ass brother?" She asks me and I shrug. "He's around here somewhere with his little sidekick." She laughs again.
"Let me go find him because that's some dick that I wouldn't mind leaving with tonight!" I give her a stank face. "Ew! Get away from me!" I push her away and she laughs walking out of the kitchen.
"Why you just play me like that Xyla?" Kev asks. I looked up at his tall frame.  "What're you talking about?" I grow irritated at the fact that he still thinks he can talk to me.
"Why you so angry? Cheer up it's your birthday girl damn." He rolls his eyes and walks away. I shrug my shoulders and begin to wander around the house.  After a while the house is packed and it starts to get hot.

"Yo! Xyla make sure we get everybody out tonight cause mom and dad post to be coming back tomorrow afternoon." I nod at Nathan and continue to mingle.
"How you been baby?" Shaun smirks at me. I blush and lay my head against his shoulder.
"I could be better!" I say looking up at him. He chuckles and shakes his head. "You still mad about that Malik dude huh?" He asks me with a smug look. I roll my eyes and move off of him.  "Will everybody stop asking me that! I don't care about Malik anymore!" I huff. Shaun clenches his jaw and glared at me.
"Girl you ain't gotta lie! You start fucking a grown man now you acting all bold!" I stand from the couch and shake my head at him.
"You don't know shit." I grit at him. He laughs bitterly.
"C'mom Xyla! Everybody knows that you was laying on your back with your legs spread wide eagle for that dude. Get out of here." He ends with a chuckle. I shake my head at him.
"Fuck you Shaun. You're just mad I never gave you the chance." I roll my eyes at him and walk away.  Before I could get to far he grabs my arm.

"My bad Xy I ain't mean to disrespect you." He mumbles coming up behind me. I roll my eyes when I feel him try to hug me from behind. I push him off me.
"Well you did." I spit at him. I hear him kiss his teeth but I ignore him.  I look around for my brother soon spotting him with some girl. "Nathan!" He looks up at me and smiles.
"Yeah?"
"Get your friend." I say and he furrows his brows at me.
"Who Shaun? What he do?" He walks over to me so he can hear me better.  "He was bringing up Malik and basically called me a hoe!" His eyebrows raise at me.
"Really? Where he at?" His eyes wander the room. 
"He was in the living room. I don't know if he left or not." He nods and walks off. 
...  

"Drink this." Sam says handing me a red solo cup.
"What's in it?" I ask before I smell it. "Oh no no no." I laugh and hand her back the cup.
"Oh come on! It's good!" She says taking a huge sip of it.
"I don't drink." I remind her and she rolls her eyes.
"Well today you do." She winks at me. Somehow Sam gets me to have a few drinks and I find myself dancing with a large smile on my face. Me and Sam laugh and dance with one another until I feel arms snake around my waist. I decide to just let it go and live a little until a familiar cologne invades my nose. I stop moving and look over at Sam and she has a smirk lining her lips. My face heats up when I feel soft lips press against my neck. Sam waves at me and walks off giggling to herself. I close my eyes as his chuckle runs through my ears.
"Happy birthday Xyla."  _________________________ 🚮 ✌🏽