Chapter 4

☠️👻

A link to stunts. When you see this emoji💕 this is what I'm talking abt. I'll tell u the time when we get to it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yX3w8MW_0Y

James POV

I wake at 9:00 am because my alarm is blaring Cheerleader by OMI. Wow that's basic.

I look to my right and see that Thomas isn't in his bed, but then I notice a note on our bedside table that reads:

Hey Jemmy,

I had football practice early this morning. Sorry I didn't catch you, but good luck at tryouts!

❤️ T. Jeffs

Well that was sweet, bu I don't have the time or the energy to waste on worrying if Thomas likes me or not. I decide to just pretend it didn't happen until after tryouts are over.

Okay so tryouts start at 12:00 and end at 5:00, so I should wait to eat till right before I leave. I'll probably just grab a protein bar or two and I'll leave at 11:20.

That gives me almost two and a half hours to get ready.

I get up and do my normal stretches plus 2 of each jump just to be warmed up. Then I head to my suitcase that I've been living out of since I got here and pick out some workout clothes. Okay I'll wear my hot pants and my junior year state championship t-shirt. Then they'll know that I'm experienced.

I shave, wash my hair and get dressed and then clip my bangs back with a white bow. I'm ready.

••timeskip to when he gets to da cheer gym••

When I arrive at the cheer gym, Laf and four other girls are already there. I say a quick hello to Laf and sit down next to one of the girls to begin stretching.

"Hi I'm Peggy, and these are my sisters, Angelica and Eliza. And my girlfriend Maria."

Maria and Eliza smiled at me, but Angelica looked like she had a stick up her butt. Man, I don't even wanna know what her problem is.

"Hi, I'm James! What year are you guys in? I'm a freshman by the way."

"Well I'm a junior and so is Eliza because she skipped eight grade." Angelica still seemed kind of stuck up. "And it's both our first years cheering because Peggy bet that we couldn't do it."

"No," Eliza butted in, "She made the high school squad and you didn't and you got butt hurt so now you're trying out for the Klover's.And I'm just here because you dragged me along."

Damn. Now Angelica's acting real mean, like she's gonna kill someone, yikes. And now Peggy looks upset, as though it's her fault which it obviously is not.

"Hey, I never caught your year?" I whisper so Angelica can't interrupt Peggy. She brightens a bit. "I'm a freshman, too. And Maria is a sophomore. She's already on the squad she just came to tryouts to help Laf and to keep me from freaking out."

I wink, "Oh, so you're into older girls~" and Peggy laughs. "What position are you usually in a stunt. I'm a flyer" I tell her.

"Me and Maria are both flyers too!!"

I'm happy to see her excited. We continue talking until about 30 other people walk in, most sitting on the floor stretching and the rest going to stand by Laf.

At around 12:05 Laf claps his hands and says, "Okay so all the people standing up here with me are current members of our squad. We will all state our year, stunt position and of course name."