✩Selection Pt 2 : Chapter Two✩

Seraphina

"You simply didn't add enough seedlings, dear. It's a common beginner's mistake,"speaks Queen Dianna.

"I know how to perform a conjuration, your majesty. She deliberately wrecked my spell."

"Who?"asks Mistress Evanora.

"Ask your daughter, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth

Mother is going to murder me. The daughter of the Queen Of Witches late to her own first year ceremony! I'll be hearing this for the rest of my life.

As I entered Disiams I scurried along to the commotion heard inside the potion room.

"Congratulations to our new first years,"announces Annabelle along with Miss Gwenna.

"You've all done a splendid job. We shall see you all later for the celebratory banquet."

What!? I missed the written exam! I'm dead!!

"Lizzie!!"

Huh??

I turned my attention to the girl running towards me.

"What did she say!??"

"Who's she??"

She laughs, "Your mother. She sent for you, remember??"

She did?? Uh-oh.

"Excuse me," I say, taking off in the direction of her office.

Alexandra

"Am I in trouble?" I ask, walking inside the Queen's office.

"Depends..."says Mistress Evanora.

"Seraphina is claiming that you somehow interfered with her potion, please tell me that's not true,"speaks Queen Dianna.

"Of course not!"

"You stole the Midnight Seedlings from my bowl!"

"Not stolen but taken. Only because you were hoarding them for yourself. Don't blame me because of your failure."

"Excuse me!?"

"Ladies! Enough,"stands the Queen.

"I'll do the test again and this time I'll get it right,"she growls staring right at me. "With no distractions."

What's her problem!?

"I'm afraid not,"Mistress Evanora says walking over. "You really should've checked your ingredients. A good witch leaves nothing to second guess. Viewing your grade from the written exam I'm sure you'll have enough to pass."

"A pass??"she mocks.

"Seraphina, will you excuse us for a moment."

"Yes ma'am,"she bows, gloating an evil sneer before leaving out.

Eh...