✩Royalty : Chapter Three✩

Alexandra

While mother was at the Academy greeting the newcomers and the returning witches, Annabelle stayed behind to help Liz and I prepare for our first day.

"There,"she smiles. "Hair brushed, ribbons tied, and hats are neatly pointed. Try not to lose this one."

Lizzie stuck out her tongue at her remark

I smiled at the two as I grabbed a hold of my new broom. "Why must our cloaks be different colors?"

"Our colors signify our years accomplished,"she says. "Red is for third years, purple is for the second, and blue for the first."

"We should be going,"says Liz hopping onto her broom.

"That won't be necessary. I thought it'll be quicker to use a teleportation spell. Can't afford another delay like last time."

Finding humor in our last week's encounter, we lock hands as Anna teleports us to Disiams.

"Hey- Annabelle!"

"I see you girls inside. I'll be quite busy but I'm sure you both will have a successful morning. You shouldn't worry Alex, you're going to do great."

"Thanks," I smile, releasing myself from her embrace as she vanishes inside with her witch mates.

"Hey, there's Sa'Zaria,"Lizzie smiles as we make our way over to the group of girls.

"Alex!" She runs over, tackling me with the biggest hug ever. Almost causing me to drop my luggage. "Liz!" The two hug. "How's Grateron!?"

"Busier as ever! Who knew being royal could be so exhausting."

"She loves it,"smiles Lizzie. "Wait- you  didn't confuse us this time!"

"Oh yeah! How did you-"

"I didn't. I just...knew,"she says feeling proud of herself.

Liz and I laughed at her as we joined the other girls entering the building.

While lined up, a few of the third years presented us with our house sashes.

"The colour shows you which corridor your room's on,"says Anna. "You'll be happy to know that the two of you are on the same floor."

"But we're not in a room together."

"Sorry, Headmistress Evanora decides who goes where. There's no telling who you'll end up with. But, see your sash?"

I held up the long yellow strip, "What does it mean?"

"It means we came top in the entrance exam,"says Liz.

"You and Lizzie are head of Year One. Well done, girls,"she smiles leading everyone in applause.