✩My Favorite Teacher : Chapter Five✩

Alexandra

Liz and I both bolted down the garden path as the bell peals, racing up the stoop that led inside the turret before trailing up the winding stairway.

"Come on. Come on, we'll be late!" I breathed aloud. Strands of blonde colored locks whipped back and forth behind me as I quickened my pace. "Hurry! I want to talk to my mom."

Liz nodded in acknowledgement and followed my grueling pace without complaint, stumbling along behind me as fast as she could. Before long, we made it to the top of the stairs and into the corridor.

"Look at the queue," Liz gaped exhaustedly when coming to a stop.

From the looks of it, there were at least seven other witchlets ahead of us, waiting their turns.

Liz and I sighed impatiently with our backs to the wall. Somehow, I had a feeling that we were going to be here for a while. Then I looked over to see the door to the covenstead opened, and as the chirpy girl exited, Seraphina stood up next in line.

"You won't be long, will you, Seraphina?" I asked as nicely as I could, hoping it would do me a favor. "I mean, we were really busy revising for Miss Gwenna's witchery test tomorrow. We kind of lost track of time."

"And unless this queue gets moving,
Alex's not going to have time to ring home," Liz finished.

"This will be a call of considerable length, actually," Seraphina smirked before resting her cold stare into mine. "Mother's going to want to hear everything I've achieved today and that can take a Delarosa forever."

With that being said, the girl callously turned her back to us as Liz's eyes suddenly sparked a glistening glow. I quickly snapped her out of it as Seraphina stepped into the room, closing the wooden door behind her.

"Liz!" I scolded her in disbelief as she unclenches her fists. "You know we aren't allowed to use magic on another pupil."

"One of these days," she snarled more than spoke, "that girl is going to get more than she bargained for. She's...impossible!"

I agreed with my sister, however, the girl wasn't worth the drama, let alone the punishment for breaking school's code.

Moments later, after I managed to calm my sister, Seraphina eventually walked out.

I immediately took to an upright position as I asked, "Is Yani OK to go in now or...?"

"Yani is. But I'm not sure you are, your highness," said Seraphina, shooting daggers in my general direction.

"Why?"

"Well, if I was the new witch around here, I'd still be revising," Seraphina answered plainly.

"We've done plenty," I snapped back.

"It won't be enough though, will it? I imagine it's practically impossible to get your head around the entirety of witch history when you're only half of one," the girl noted, referring to me being from both a witch and wizard family.

"Seraphina!" Liz bawled out at her, though the girl continued anyway.

"Unlike your sister, who's been raised underneath one her entire life..."