✩The Grand Wizard : Chapter Four✩

Alexandra

"Alex, wake up! Alex! You'll have to wake up - the Grand Wizard's coming."

I rubbed the remainders of sleep from my eyes and rolled over to the small alarm clock before burrowing myself back underneath the covers. Curled up beside me is Royalty, resting deeply in slumber.

"The Grand Wizard! The Grand Wizard as in the Grand Wizard!"she repeats, pulling on my arm.

I breathed long and slow, "Lizzie! It is five in the morning and here you go on about some Wizard who's..." A flush of realization paints itself onto my face.

"The Grand Wizard is coming!" I tumbled out of bed. Now I'm awake, perhaps more fully awake than I've ever been.

I try to focus on my breathing, but the anxiety bubbles inside of me only grew. I feel sick to my stomach and my face felt tight, like smiling just wasn't an option today.

I paced the floor, the memory of the man in the locket surface and I swallowed hard, begging my eyes to remain dry and mind to focus. Then all at once it's filled with this buzzing: What if he doesn't like me? What if he's forgotten about me? What if...

My face is numb and I'm crying, but why am I crying? What am I anxious about? He's my dad after all...whom I know nothing about.

I then felt a sharp pain on my arm.

"Get ahold of yourself!" Liz bounded over and took my face in her hands.

"Did you just pinch me?!" I cried out of agony, kissing where she left her mark.

"Look at me!" Lizzie's stare was all sorts of intense. "He's like a cross between the Queen and the Prime Minister but of course he's magic and he wears a hat instead of a crown. He's basically the most important wizard in the whole wide world..."

She really wasn't helping my nerves.

"And the most kindhearted man alive. He's our dad Alex! He'll love you all the same, and I'm sure you will when you get a better chance to know him." Liz finished with a cheesy smile. "So stop worrying."

I smiled in spite of myself. It was all the encouragement I needed. "Thanks sis."

"Now come on. We have to get you ready!"

Queen Dianna

Come six in the morning the school hallway is filled with tons of young witches preparing for the King's arrival.

"And he gave no reason at all for the purpose of his visit?"asks Miss Evanora as we made way to the entrance hall.

"There was no need to."

Evanora smiles, nodding her head in agreement.

Then Miss Locasta and Miss Gwenna appear.

"Morning."

"Dianna," Locasta smiles.

"This is definitely a surprise," Gwenna speaks. "It's been ages since we've seen of the Grand Wizard, especially in Disamis."

Evanora sighs, "The actual Grand Wizard is about to descend upon us and we have yet to organize a greeting ceremony."

"Oh, there's no need for all that. Meeting the first years will be quite sufficient."