Hello There

♡3rd person pov♡

She sat alone in the principal's office, picking at the holes in her pre-ripped jeans. She wore aviator shades, and a dark blue letterman jacket. Her long dark eyelashes framed her blue eyes, the light blue iris devoured her pupils. Her fingernails were cleaned, and painted light purple covered in golden flakes. Her leg twitched as she sat through the lecture from the principal, named Mr. Lesino, about how she needs to stop getting into fights.

'I only did it because they were making fun of my eyes... They deserved it.' She thought, a frown gracing her pale face. Through the window came the warm September breeze. Even though summer had ended quite some time ago, the heat still lingered. You could almost still hear the joyous screams of elementary schoolers.

Around Valkyrie's long neck was a necklace, decorated with a green arrowhead. It was made of aventurine, a bright green gem. It was given to her by her friend, Artemis. She knew of Artemis' vigilante lifestyle, and Artemis urged her to join, but Valkyrie didn't think she was cut out for it.

She heard ringing, most likely the phone. The lecture paused, the last few syllables hanging off Mr. Lesino's lips. A few seconds later the ringing also halted, and Valkyrie could hear the click of the phone being lifted off the receiver.

"Hello?" Mr. Lesino's grating voice sounded, and Valkyrie could barely make out the voice on the other side. It sounded familiar, though because of the feedback of the phone, she could not place it.

"Is this Greg Lesino?"