xxiv

everyone made their way up the driveway of the house, taehyung leading the way. it wasn't long before the group had made it up to the front door, and into the hallway of the house. admittedly, it was bigger on the inside.

"eomma, i have some people here!" taehyung yelled out as he dropped the blankets by the door, followed by everyone else.

"who came down here at this time-" taehyung's mother stopped on the staircase and examined the group. a large smile was put on her face as she ran down towards the only person she recognsied. "hoseok-ah! how are you?" the woman smiled as she hugged the boy lightly, before patting his head.

"i'm good, and you?" he asked the woman. she smiled brightly.

"i'm great. it's been a while since i've seen you." taehyung's mother noted.

"eomma, these are my friends from seoul. this is yoongi, my coworker i told you about, seokjin, who you've heard of before, his boyfriend namjoon, and jimin, my new friend i told you about." taehyung briefly introduced the boys. Taehyung's mother seemed to stop for a moment, before a large grin made it's way to her face again.

"welcome! i've already made dinner and i didn't expect to have so many people here today, but i'll cook up some extra vegetables, and there's rice in the cooker. sound good? you boys must be starving after your trip." taehyung's mother smiled. the boys nodded, all thanking her greatly as they didn't even expect her to cook them anything.

"thank you so much, mrs kim." namjoon said gratefully followed by everyone else.

"ah please, it's not problem." mrs kim smiled as her slim figure made it's way into the kitchen. taehyung's mother was young for a parent of a twenty year old, having him young at age nineteen. she was a small and slim woman, who had the same box smile as her son.

"let's go put this stuff in the basement." taehyung said as he began to pick up some of the blankets and make his way to the door of the room.

"taehyung, minyuk will be home soon from kyungsim's house soon, so get the basement set up quickly and help me dish up dinner." mrs kim said. taehyung nodded and opened the basement door with one hand, balancing the blankets in the other.

the boy simply threw the blankets down the stairs, grabbing the other blankets from his friends and repeating this until there was a large pile of soft fabric at the foot of the stairs. the boy ran down the stairs, jumping into the large pile of plush before standing up and locating the light switch. it turned on with a simple flick, and the basement was illuminated. it wasn't anything fancy, just a basement, with random childhood articles stowed away in cardboard boxes on shelves. there was an old couch and a few pillows and blankets already stored down here, along with an old tv and random board games.

"this used to be my hangout space as a kid." taehyung smiled as he began transporting blankets to where the couch was, in the centre of the room.

"it's cool." yoongi commented as he looked around.

the boys began to set up the beds for later that night, and in the middle of it all, mrs kim asked taehyung to help with dinner. he went up, which left the boys to finish making the beds. obviously namjoon and seokjin slept beside each other, as did hoseok and yoongi, leaving jimin and taehyung on the far left, by the staircase.

"he's acting as if he didn't just leave us for a week." hoseok whispered, in fear that the walls were thinner than he thought.

"yeah. i'm just happy he's alright." jimin whispered back. everyone nodded.

"he seems more calm." seokjin noted. the boys agreed, but decided to drop it and finished piling the blankets together. when they were done, they chatted for a few moments before taehyung called them upstairs for dinner.