Chapter 33.

This fight was absurd. I struggled not to hurt them, but mostly I focused on avoiding Avery. She was strong—she could definitely pin me down—but I wouldn't give her the chance.

I was growing tired. I had hoped the gas would wear off by now, but no such luck.

Just as I was about to turn around, a sharp pain shot through my side. I lifted my arm and glanced down. A knife—a hunter's knife. Reed. I barely had time to react before Theodore and Archer tackled me to the ground.

"Enough!" I screamed.

None of them showed any signs of stopping. I tried to stand, but they held me down, unyielding.

I didn't have time for this. "Shift!" I commanded loudly.

Ezra and Jasper joined Theodore and Archer, their claws raking at me.

"Shift!" I roared.

Some of them responded, but not in the way I intended. I needed to break free. I ordered them once more to shift, hoping to weaken them further. It worked; their grip loosened, allowing me to escape. I wasn't about to give them another chance to pin me down.

"I said, shift!" I bellowed, pouring my power and will into the command, demanding compliance. I knew that forcing them to shift back could injure them, causing their bones to snap in the process. I didn't want to hurt my own pack, but they had left me with no choice.

The room filled with the sounds of screams and the crack of bones breaking.

I exhaled heavily, relief washing over me as they finally returned to their human forms.

"Kai?" Gavin said, confusion etched on his face.

"Good job, young Alpha," Reed commented.

"Kai, I think—" Marley started, but she didn't need to finish her thought.

"Ave, you're fine," I said, pulling her into a tight hug. My roar had been a new experience for her, and it had the strongest effect, even before she shifted.

"So, what's next?" Theodore asked.

"Let's find this bastard. He's close," I said, determination hardening my resolve.

"You followed up on something?" Archer inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"Sure did." I turned to her. She understood what I was asking and nodded. Releasing her, I walked to the wall. "Here. They're behind this wall."

"Just like the screams," Quinn observed.

"Yes. Just like their horrific screams," I corrected.

"But how do we get through the wall?" Jasper asked.

"We have to break it down," Gavin said.

"But how?" Ezra asked, still confused.

Gavin stepped beside me, placing his hand on the wall.

"It's concrete," he confirmed, withdrawing his hand.

"Oh, easy peasy to break," Jasper quipped.

"Let's do this. Theodore, Archer, Reed, Isaac, Ezra, and Gavin, spread out," I ordered.

"Can we help too?" Marley asked eagerly.

"Marley, Marley, Marley. Let the guys handle this," Archer teased, and I chuckled.

"Alright, hit the wall with your shoulders. Channel all your power into that side," Gavin explained.

"Ready!" I yelled. "Go!"

We charged at the wall with all our strength, but something unexpected happened. Before our shoulders even made contact, the wall crumbled on its own. We stumbled back, shocked. Behind the rubble stood Roman and his team.

I frowned. "Is this their plan?"

"Stupid bastards," Roman cursed.

"Alphas!" We turned at the sound of a familiar voice. There they were—Niklaus, Lorna, and their respective groups. Niklaus wore a sinister smile, while Lorna stood poised as if ready to strike.

"We finally meet in person," a voice called from behind them. They stepped aside to reveal the speaker.

My eyes widened as recognition washed over me. "Jacob Prior?" He looked far too young to be Jacob Prior.

He smirked. "No, Alpha Kaiden. My father is dead—ten feet under the dirt. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Calen Prior, his son."

Anger surged within me, not just because he used that wretched name, but because I wanted to wipe that smug smile off his face.

"So, you're the filthy bastard terrorizing everyone," Roman spat.

"Alpha Roman, it's nice to see you here too. I don't mind killing a few more," Calen laughed.

He was a sick individual. There was no humanity in his eyes—only the essence of a demon wolf.

"I plan to kill you all, and I always succeed. Do you know why, young Alphas?"

"Cut the crap and get to your nonsense!" I snapped.

He chuckled, the sound akin to a cat's cry. When he finished, his eyes glowed a fierce red—an unmistakable sign of a full-strength alpha. Neither Roman nor I was at full capacity. Only when you reached that peak did your eyes glow red, allowing you to fight at your maximum speed.

"Get them, and don't hold back, demons!" Calen screamed. His pack, along with Niklaus and Lorna's groups, charged at us in unison.