A Bowl of Mixed Nuts

Walking down the halls was a like a walk down a never ending mountain. The hallways were huge and have hazards that could kill. You see, my high school isn't like yours or any other. There are dangers like, exploding lockers, floating wedgies, fires that appear out of thin air, deadly plants, lightning strikes, portals that lead to your own death, and sometimes weather changes in the class rooms. but that isn't even the worst part, the worst part are the teachers. There are some nice teachers like, Ms. Dewey, Mr. Eicholts, and Mrs. Clark. Then, there are the not-so-nice ones like, Mr. Mcgrew, Mr. Peterson, Ms. Black, and Mrs. Mills.

The students aren't all that bad, We still have groups like any other high school. The geeks, the preps, the rebels, the goths...And than there's our group. The Differents..? Or, maybe the bowl of mixed nuts..? I guess it depended on what power you have. My high school is for special kids, its basically a school for kids that have special abilities, you might call them powers, and they teach us how to use our powers for good, so a small portion of us have the chance to become heroes. There is a numerous number of different abilities. Teens having powers can be pretty dangerous and a hazard to society, so the kids who don't become heroes get there memory swiped to make them think that the school never existed and neither did there powers. That's sorta why everyone here is in competition.

I have the power to manipulate water. My name is Ariana Davids, my friends call me Ari. I've known how to manipulate water since I was two. I guess you could say my childhood wasn't particularly normal but neither was any of the other kids at my school. Half of them have been floating out of their cribs since they were born. Some of the kids here don't even have powers but skill instead. Like Sonic's friends, Tails or Knuckles. Sonic doesn't usually hang out with us, but he does hang out with my friend Mickinzee. I guess you could say were mutual friends.

Mickinzee is a very intimidating person, but she seems to get along with some people. Mickinzee has the most powerful ability...Darkness, that involves all the things that make the world a cruel and dark place. Darkness is a rare power to have, you have to be pretty sane to keep such a dark power inside, she's the only one here who has darkness actually. You think having that kinda power would make her goth or something but...she's really funny and just fun to be around, sometimes.

My closest friend Rachel has the ability to manipulate fire. Her twin sister, and my friend, Olivia has the power to control lightning and make it strike whenever and wherever. My other friend, Max, has the power of mimicking. Which means that if he gets close enough to anyone with power he can absorb it, like a sponge, and have that persons power for a certain amount of time. My two other friends are Alyssa and Micheal. Alyssa has the power of telepathy, which is self explanatory. Micheal doesn't really stand out, he has the power of invisibility.

There pretty cool, not in popularity standards, but my friends are the best in the school. I'm lucky to have them around.

Our school is rather large, with over two- hundred different classes, sixteen pools, twelve arenas, six libraries, four cafeterias, two football fields, six basketball courts, four soccer fields, over three- hundred dorms, one hospital, fourteen fast- food courts, one mall, one skatepark, and four different environments.

And by 'four different environments' I mean that our school stretches into four different environments.

The front of the school is surrounded by wildlife, kept off by barb wire fences, giant maple trees were towering over the school, and it always smelled like lake water and dew, this is what the students call, 'the forest front'. And Mickinzee firmly believes that was meant as a dirty joke.

The area by the hospital, on the left, was dry and hot. There was never rain, only cactuses, the only shade was the silhouette of the hospital that was connected to the school, by the mall. The hospital and the mall were both in the, 'A/C dessert', which got its name by the welcoming A/C inside the mall, and hospital.

And the back part of the school, my favorite, was the beach. It started with warm sand and fell into the clear waves of the ocean. I called this environment, 'home', because that's all it made me me think of when I spent my free-time there, surfing.

The area on the right, that surrounded half of the school, was cold, and icicles hung off every building that was engulfed by snow. There was a pond for ice skating, and plenty of snow for a snowball war. I didn't much care for that part, mainly because that's where all my classes take place. we called that part the, 'Arctic'.

All four parts of the school were connected by at least two buildings. It was a school I was brought to when I was eight.

I don't remember much of getting here, but I could never forget my first day.