Prolouge

I don’t know how it all came down to this... I wish I could turn back the clock back to when they didn’t know my worst secret. Now I can’t run away from the fact that I might be one of the last one of my kind. I- I I’m a disgrace to my kind.
Vampires and Werewolves, we have a history and we were practically born to be eternal enemies. A war waged on between the two species underneath the human eye, us werewolves thought that for the safety of humans that we must keep ourselves hidden away. Vampires, thought differently, they thought they had to reveal themselves and expose themselves, but there was more to it then what we thought. Vampires wanted to rule over everything and turn humans into slaves. This triggered a war between us for many centuries from the first king of Vampires and the first alpha of Werewolves. Finally, my kind, the werewolves were defeated because of the Vampire’s heir, Takeshi. After the assassination of Takeshi’s father, Takeshi made sure that their kind would prevail and be victorious, no matter what. Takeshi had killed my kind to the edge of extinction. There are soo few of us left now. The few of us left had given up on the war and ran away, going into hiding. We knew that no matter what, the fire and blood of Takeshi had spread fear into the hearts of my ancestors. In a desperation to save my kind, my ancestors went underground where they began a reproduce the foundation of what my people have now. I was born in one of these underground hideouts to the alpha of the hideout. My life in there, I cannot remember. All I can remember up to was when I was 9 where I was found by a royal guard patrol. I was unaware that the vampires had taken over, making humans serve as slaves or farmers. I didn’t know what would become of me as I was put in front of a council of vampires of old and even Takeshi, the king who had killed as many werewolves as he could was there to watch me be judged. As I looked like an orphan by the way I seemed to dress and look. I can remember how much terror I felt when I saw them get closer and closer to me. Takeshi just glaring at me in the corner of the room, with his demonic and analytic look. I was placed in chains as each council member of old, moved my jacket a little to expose my neck. I can remember my screams as each one set their fangs into my neck and sucked blood out of me. I had so longed to turn into my wolf form and slaughter them with just a bite of my fangs but I knew it was better to just take the pains. I was curled up on the floor with blood oozing out of my neck by the time it was over. The council members wiping the blood off the corner of their lips like I was a meal. They had judged me through my blood, they would be able to tell if I was a werewolf, I would be killed on the spot. I had shed many tears and all they did was just glare at me, especially Takeshi who looked at me with such coldness than it had seemed more powerful than ice. Finally one of them approached me as I laid coiled in pure terror, his cold hand reached forward and gently rose my cheek. He was a vampire that looked like he was in his 40s, as if he had many many more years before he would decay away until he was nothing more but ashes. His eyes were somewhat soft on me, I can remember that he had been the last one to bite into my own flesh. I can remember the next words that he told me for as long as I live. “You are known as Ruuza, working slave to the royal family. You will pledge your undying loyalty to us until we no longer find a use for you or you simply die.” He began to chain me but just as I was about to bolt for it, I felt a strong arm grasp my wound unmercifully which sent me yowling out in pain. I had been forced to look into the very eyes of the king, his nails dug into my wound carving into my very flesh before lifting his fingers and licked the blood off in front of me. “You heard the council, you belong to me now...You got that Ruuza?” He asked with such an empty and cold voice, I trembled and lowered my body as much as I could. “Y- yes sir...” I thought I was going to piss myself but I can remember he had let me go and I was taken to the slave quarters where I had to get change into the assigned working clothes. That is how my life in the castle began, for the next 7 years, I served right under Takeshi’s nose as a werewolf. But I was so confused as to why the council had judged me as a human. My blood would’ve been a red flag almost immediately, and now I serve as slave who washes their clothes. Well, at the very least, I did. The decisions I had made leaded me to where I am now. I live a life where I have to hide away who I truly am for my own safety. I know the moment I reveal my wolf form to anyone, either human or vampire, I am goner. I am hunted by both species, one species we have been at war with for thousand of years and the other species the very reason as to why we fought the war. Now, humans live in poverty and very few find happiness in the life they live in. Humans now live like cattle being raised for slaughter. I pray now that I won’t be slaughter slowly when they find out that the royal family had been living with a werewolf.