Chapter 4

It had been a few days since Takeshi had attempted to get a taste of what my blood tasted like. I couldn’t risk it, I would really like to live no matter how awful my life is right now. I wake up in the lounge surprised to see Chie waiting only inches from my face, half of her face was bandaged from the cracking of her skin. I lifted myself up slowly from the couch and too my surprise, I found Chie flinging her body weight at me in a tackle hug, I let out a yelp in surprise as her cold skin pressed into me. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” She exclaimed almost on the verge of tears. I had no idea that vampires could cry, I thought they would melt away like the witch in The Wizard of Oz. I stared into her green eyes and couldn’t help it any longer, I was liking this little one.

“I’m your bodyguard Chie, I do what I have to do...” I said wrapping one arm around her in a soft hug before pushing her off of me, letting her have a moment to realize that I was a bit uncertain with touching her. Chie was grinning at me despite the bandages along the side of her face. I frowned at the sight, knowing that I could have done much more to help her. I had been told to never touch her no matter what, but at this point I had already broken it but I was her friend and she was mine. There was no harm in it from what I could see.

“It looks like you are much better now.” I said, rising back up onto my feet while Chie had already bounced up and was staring up at me with her bright childish look even though her life had almost been disintegrated cause of the sun. Chie nodded before widening her eyes. “What did Takeshi say about the whole incident!? He would’ve killed you right on the spot if he saw me like that.” She exclaimed, her look of confusion and worry made it obvious that she hadn’t seen Takeshi yet.

I physically flinched and closed her eyes dropping my head as his words when I was in his room sent chills down my spine. :: I never knew a human could hold such a sweet smell...I can’t help but wonder what your blood tastes like... :: remembering how he held me against the wall, staring at me with that look in his eyes that was enchanting and terrifying to look at. He wanted to use me like a meal, talking to me like I could be a meal. Was it a threat? I had never been so relieved to have been interrupted than ever.

I heaved out a big sigh and kept my head down focus on the floor. “He said more than enough.” I responded quietly and as if she was a mind reader, she reached forward, placing a hand on my shoulder. Her look told me everything and I couldn’t accept the fact that she had figured it out. I shouldered her hand off and began to leave the lounge. “It snowed the other night, are you a fan of making snowmans?” I asked giving her a weak but still emotionally strong smile, seeing her follow me as I began to walk down the hallway. “I am! There are so many kinds of snowmen you can make, especially with the right amount of snow.” She exclaimed, I smiled softly as I leaded her down the stairs, looking down at her over my shoulder.

As I was about to head to one of the windows to examine how much snow had fallen, I felt something hard hit the back of my head, an excruciating pain hit the back of my head as I fell on the stone tiled floor. I let out a groan as I felt my gut get kicked in. Chie was yelling out in rage. “What in the hell do you think you’re doing!? She is just doing her job!” A masculine voice was the one that responded, my vision blurry as an unbelievable pain went through my mind, listening to his words.

“She is a human! You are royalty! You should be the one walking in front of her!” The masculine voice responded evenly, all of a sudden I hear a cruel feminine giggle echo the hallway that we were in. “Then again, she wouldn’t know. She is obviously a human lover! She might as well be treated like one.” A blur of movement and I could only see Chie’s figure drop. I found myself growling, like a wolf which made them immediately turn and look at me. I had shaken away the pains away. My pain meant nothing, I was Chie’s protector and her friend. I would be doing my duty.