Chapter 14 Beach

"I'm sorry about your clothes," Holly sighed neatly folding up her towel. "I'll give them back to you tomorrow."

Holly set her towel down and took in a deep breath. "I've been thinking about what you did for me back there...I firstly want to give you a thousand thanks for what you did. Then...I want to know what exactly saved me. What are you Kassina?"

I frowned and closed my suitcase zipper. "I'm me."

I'm human with an evil ink being around me.

"No, I never saw someone with such power. Seth himself was stunned!" Holly cheered thinking what she last said was applaudable. "He toned down his own power and marveled at yours. I know what you are! You're must be a demigod."

"Demigods?" I smirked. "Well, sorry to disappoint, but I don't see any Jacksons around here. But for info, demigods as in kids with Zeus and Athena-."

"Athena bares no children. She is one of the goddesses of virginity. Don't you know of Medusa?"

"Medusa?" I nodded. "She was that woman who stole that bread from a temple...or was it someone stole from her..."

Holly cringed and growled. "The gods' actions are not to be laughed about Kassina."

I froze and tossed my suitcase on the floor. "So, in this wacky world they exist?"

"All legitimate gods exist here. Human religions, new or ancient, but-," Holly burst out laughing. "I heard some-," she grasped her shoulders as she laughed, "humans actually worship a man in a metal suit! His name- his name- Vader something! Humans now adays are kinda foolish."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Kids from the 90's will only understand."

After the good laugh, the room went silent.

"I would have died tonight if it wasn't for you," Holly whispered. "I would have run to the barrier until I made it out or closed. If it closed, I'd have to run to the vampires. There, they would try to kill me. Better them not Sethrans...right?"

I looked down. "Why were you there anyway?"

"I was getting the stuff for my room. I changed rooms because I couldn't stand being so close the pack center. Sethrans room is in the building a mile from the western dorm, on the edge of the forest."

"Where's your new room?"

Holly brightened. "This dorm, furthest from Sethrans. My room is a couple levels down though. I was really surprised when I saw the occupancy to this place. This year, there aren't near a lot of witches. There were lots of rooms, floors even, that are just empty. I wanted a room surrounded by other rooms that are close to the bottom."

I turned away from Holly and yawned. "I bet you don't even have your key on you," I laughed jokingly.

"Sh...sha- oh no!" Holly jolted. "My room key was in my..." she covered her eyes, "pocket..."

I sighed. "I don't think making another trip to the wolf shack would do any good. You can take the bed Holly. I'll trip on the floor."

Holly sighed. "I really owe you Kassina. You let a stranger in your room and took care of me. I can't thank you enough Kassina."

I smiled. "What type of asshole would refuse to give help?"

I kept my eye on the door. I kept sight on the brown door that would possibly burst open any second. Holly went off to sleep instantly and I was left with a pillow and fear.