Chapter 17 Recalcitrant

"I'm fine," I huffed crossing my arms.

"You don't look fine."

I turned to the nurse and huffed. "Just get me my clothes please. I just want to go see someone."

The nurse looked down and sighed before leaving the curtained off area. "Follow me."

"Finally."

The nurse led me down the isle of more curtained off areas and empty beds for about a couple of minutes and stopped at one silver colored curtain different from the other light blues.

"I'll get your clothes, you wait here."

The woman disappeared behind the curtain and I heard her footsteps trail away from me.

I unlocked the door half expecting to see a waiting Jun ready to pounce on me. When I opened the door, there was no one in my room. It was left empty and forgotten. The curtains were closed and all the lights off.

I sighed as I closed the door behind me.

"Jun? Alix? Holly?"

I walked towards the bathroom and peeked inside, empty.

I sighed and tossed the ragged scrubs on the ground. "Good riddance."

My keys jingled as they fell with the load too, but before they hit the ground, it seemed time slowed.

This is it.

Every sense I had, heightened and I suddenly smelled dog and blood. Along with this, I could feel a heartbeat pulsing behind me and short, silent breaths.

Before I could respond, my body moved without my control.

I spun around quickly and met eyes with Sethrans across the room. I growled at him and leapt towards him with my hands sharply swiping at him.

Sethrans snickered as he moved out of the way without being seen. I collided with the wall softly and he stood in the center of the room laughing at me.

"You weren't in here when I came in," I spat fixing my posture.

Sethrans shook his head. "I have abilities, little one. You don't expect an Alpha to be powerless like you."

I tensed and felt my heart pulse quicken. "I am not weak."

Sethrans shrugged. "If you're not then why can't you hit me? You only managed to touch me before because I wasn't expecting it. Since that moment in Rilla Mont, you haven't touched me. At your speed, Shades could kill you in a blink. You have no elemental power or physical strength. Just face it, you're a little kid."

My jaw tightened and I could feel a dense heat forming around me. The energy suffocating me and making my vision blur.

Sethrans grinned. "You're so weak if I bait you anymore, you'll kill yourself. You're so stupid." Sethrans shook his head and turned his back to me. "So, I'll leave, you're much too important for me to lose. I came to say that Holly traveled into our area again in search of her keys. Let's say she found more than she wanted."

"Bast-."

"Until next time," Sethrans approached a wall and placed his hand on it before completely disappearing, sight and scent.

I pulled the cover over my head and squeezed my eyes tighter.

Was it a one way process? How can that ink dude contact me, but not me him? How am I supposed to get powerful if this dude doesn't help me?