Chapter 18

Welcome back, readers❤

Rileys POV

     When I say gone, I mean gone. This morning when I woke up, the first thing I did was go to Maya's room. But when I got there, her room was empty. Her clothes, her art, her. I stomp down to the kitchen to my mom, who was cooking breakfast. "Mom?" The older woman turns her head, "Yes, honey?" She walks over to the cabinet where the plates are, pulling out four plates. "Where is Maya?" I ask. I walk over to the table and sit down, waiting for her answer. "She went home. Her Ex went back to school, so she was able to move into her apartment again." Acting a little supportive, I glance at the time, "Do you know where her apartment is? Maybe I can bring her flowers or somthing to help her get settled again."

     My mother spins on her heel, resting her back against the counter. "When do you go back to school?" She asks. My face drops, and I feel sad. Oh yeah. Im a college student, I can't stay here forever. Unless... "Well?" She urges, I shake my head, getting myself together again. " Next thursday." I remember. I look at my phone, and see that its only friday. "Okay." She says. I clear my throat, "So, do you know where her house is?" I repeat. My mother sighs, setting her spatula down. "She lives off Mooreson street. But Riley? Maybe you should lay off for a little bit. Last night, I was sitting on the couch, and she stormed out around 12:30. I caught her before she left, and all she told me was that she didnt know how to feel. I tried to make her stay, but she's an adult now, I couldn't control her. Give her space, let her figure it out for herself."

      I stand up from the table, knocking over an empty cup. "I have been giving her space for two years!  You'd think she would have caught on by now." I stomp off to my room, to get ready to meet with her. Or to show up and stomp in, and yelling at her. Wait.. no yelling. Not anymore. I pull up a pink, flowing skirt that ends right above my knees, a grey and white striped long sleeve top, and white heels. I curl me hair, adding tons of hair spray to make sure it stays. I wear makeup, but only enough to make it noticable. Dang, I look good.

     "Ma, I'll be back!" I yell, shutting the door behind me. Ilet out a breath before starting the seven minute journey ahead of me.

~

     There is a slip of paper taped on the door, telling you the last names of the people who lives here. I find Hart on the 4th floor, then take off to go get her back somehow. "Ma'am! I'm gonna need some ID before you go up there." A small man yells after me. I pause, nervously handing him my Drivers Liscense. "Name?" He asks, staring at the card, "Um, Riley Matthews." He does some clicking on his screen, then starts reading whatever is on the screen. I glance down until I see a name tag, because the brown haired, toothy grin, and square face seemed extremely familiar. "Charlie? Charlie Gardner?" His eyes shoot up, "Didn't think you were going to remember me." He flashes that lopsided grin of his, "Yeah, Maya's had your name on her access sheet for awhile now." I furrow my brow, "How long?" I ask.

     "Since she moved here a few weeks ago. Why?" I shake myhead, "Really nice to see you again, Charlie, but I have to get up to her." I say with a smile, "Oh,uh, you too Riley." Turning away from him, I skip as normally as I can to the elevator, and I swear I heard Charlie whisper, "Some thing never change." After the elveator ride, I search the hall for Maya's last name. When I find the door, I take a deep breath, before knocking on it.

     "Whats up?" I hear her voice shake a little. she clears her throat, "Unless your a serial killer, come in!" She jokes. I frown, 'Oh, honey, you wont like this.' I whisper to myself. Slowly, I open thedoor, letting i swing all the way to the wall. Maya stares at me, her guitar in hand. "R-Riley.Hi." I blink slowly, trying to decide what to say. "You left." Is what I managed to say. "After all those years of 'Don't leave me like my father did,' And you just left?" WoAh.. I shouldn't have said that.

Maya POV

    "After all those years of 'Dont leave me like my father did,' And you just left?" She snaps. I flinch at the words, but I know she was right. "It was a dick move." I answer, and Riley rolls her eyes. "It was a dick move." She mocks. I set my guitar in the stands, hiding my song book from Riley, then sit down. "Come sit." I whisper, patting the seat. I flash sad eyes at her, and answer. "I already told you, Riles. I'm in too deep." She scoots a little bit away from me. "What do you mean?"

     I stand up, and start pacing in circles. "Everything about you has changed. And you know what? I love it. Because now you are flirty, you talk smoother, hell, you're even more beautiful if thats possible. Riley, I don't want to feel like this, because we just regained some of our friendship." I let out a breath, trying to control my feelings before I ball my eyes out,
      "Its just, you've always made me feel like this, and I never know how to stop it. It wasnt normal for someone to be in love with their best friend, Riley. Especially after they leave you in the dust for two years." Riley reaches out and grabs my hand, "Dont try to stop it, Maya. And I feel so bad about what I did, you know this." She whispers. I laugh, biting my lip. I suddenly lean into her face. "I have loved you for six years, and it never worked out. I cant be in love with you right now, not when my life is currently a mess." Riley grabs my chin, making me look at her. "I love you, Peaches. I have for a while now."

      That hit me. Hard. "R-really?" I half ask, half laugh. Riley nods, and I pull her off of the couch, then throw her against the wall. "Dont lie to me, Matthews." I say in a low voice. Riley grabs me by the collar, pulling me to her. "When did I ever lie to you?" She starts leaning in, but I dont move. Her lips find their way to mine, and once i feel her, I need more. I cant breath because my heart is beating so fast. "Mm. Maya." She breathes. I lick her bottom lip, asking for enterance. Our tounges battle for dominance, but I end up winning. Riley pulls me backwards until we are laying on the couch, with me on top.

     I sit up, staring down at the beautiful brunette underneath me, and Riley does the same. "So can I stay here tonight?" Riley asks. I smile, looking down at her. "Whatever you want."

Woah woah:) awesome.