Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It was early in the morning the sun had slowly begun to rise in the sky. Greylin was up in his room with all the ingredients that Gale had given him.

"Introduction to Herbalism. Herbalism is the combination of different types of plants when fused together can help recover strength and cure ailments." Greylin read aloud to himself, "With the combination of herbs to become successful finding herbs of the same property. Such herbs as Drake Vine and Gripa Nut have the same property and consistency when combined together helps calm one down and clear their mind helping them think better. Like Alchemy, Herbalism is all about trial and error. Finding what can be combined and what effects it will give is what drives Herbalist to explore the wilderness finding different concoctions. Below are some of the most basic salves and pills that one can make."

Greylin started flipping through pages until he found the ingredients that Gale gave him, "Satea Stalk, Heart Clove, and Witch's Bay Leaf are combined together to create a common recovery pill. Place the ingredients together and infuse mana within them to refine it into a pill."

He put the book down and cleared the table placing all the herbs on it. Satea Stalk, Heart Clover, and Witch's Bay Leaf in front of him he took a deep breath gathering mana and focused it on the herbs. Sweat formed on his forehead after a few minutes of infusing his mana and in a mere two breaths of time, a noise was heard in his ear.

Pill refinement Failure

"Wait, what? Failure?" puzzled Greylin grabbed the book and skimmed through it a bit until he found something about failure, "When refining a pill depending on the Herbalist skill there is a chance of failure. After a failure, the ingredients used for refinement are lost forever, but with a failure, you still gain one fourth of the experience you would get from a success."

Disgruntled, Greylin let out a sigh, "I guess I just need to keep trying." After that, he got out more herbs and proceeded in his refinement.

A few hours later

After many attempts, Greylin was able to make ten successful attempts and five failures.

Herbalism Level: 4

Skill: None

"Sigh, Well this is the best I can do for now. I still have a few hours to get ready before I need to be at the guild," Greylin said to himself. He gathered the pills and put them in his pouch. It was still rather early so no one in his house had woken up yet so he had no reasons to say his goodbyes as he walked outside.

With his reward in hand, he set into town to gear up a bit more. Passing through the gate, Talon was stationed today and he greeted him with a smile. Greylin proceeds into town and passes by Gales shop. He looks up towards the sign. After some thought, he decides to walk in. Once again he is greeted with the same aroma filling his six senses.

"Welcome back kid. Did you have some more questions?" Gale asked with a smile.

"Well, actually I was hoping to get more ingredients to try refining something new," as he said all this he took out some of the pills he refined this morning and gave them over to Gale. With some quick inspections, Gale's face formed an even bigger smile.

"Very good kid. You did an excellent job refining these pills. If it's okay with you I'd love to buy some of this pills off you. They are of good quality!" Gale handed them back to him, "How does 3 copper per pill sound?"

Greylin had a look of shock on his face, "Are you really willing to pay me this much for what I made?" curious he asked. "Yes, I am. Nowadays it's hard to find a good herbalist and if they are good, herbalism is a fantastic way to make money because there will always be a demand for people to refine pills," Gale told him, "If you keep up with this and growing your skill they could even sell for more than this."