Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Someone your age that can become a Mage class! That is outstanding!" Ella exclaimed.

"What!" A few people let out a scream after hearing what the lady said.

"That little runt was able to gain the Mage class," the man from before said after listening to the woman, "Pfft, he probably won't amount to much with that class..."

"By obtaining the Mage class, the Guild will give you some starting equipment for you to use."

Greylin grabs the sack. He noticed a grayish robe which has pouches on its side to hold small items.

"Also here is the Mage weapon of choice." She handed him a wooden staff, "After class selection with Mages, it also tells us what magic you have the best affinity. From the looks of it, you have an extraordinarily high affinity with fire and darkness magics. This staff's orb at the top imbued with fire affinity will help you when it comes to casting fire based magic."

The lady handed over a wooden staff that was about two heads taller than Greylin. At the top of the staff, a black orb the size of his fist connected to the half arching tip of the wooden staff. As he grabs the staff, the sphere starts to glow giving off a hint of orangish fire color. He felt an unknown heat flowing through his entire body. His blood is boiling from head to toe.

"As for starter spells, I will give you two basic Fire and Darkness spells. The first one is a fireball spell. The next is a shadow doppelganger spell. With this spell, you can create a perfect doppelganger of yourself. It's good enough to confuse any basic monster of your presence. Though, anyone with a high magic sense could easily tell which one is you. As your magic progresses, it'll become stronger. It may be able to fool stronger opponents. Or you could get a new and much stronger version of this spell. The spells if you want to learn them, just take them in your hand, and unwrap them. Close your eyes and concentrate. The scroll will burn up. The knowledge contained inside will transmit to your brain. For harder spells, it may take a while to grasp the knowledge entirely. The spell you have shouldn't take any longer than ten seconds."

The lady hands over two scrolls two Greylin and he puts them inside of his sack.

"Whenever you wish to take on a mission please come back here as well. Bring your adventurer card so we know what missions you can take. After this, go over to the board and grab a piece of parchment. Bring it to this desk where we will assign the mission to you. Thank you and have a lovely day." The lady bows to Greylin and goes back to her what she'd been working on before.

Greylin takes in a deep breath and then turns around. Once he did, he saw that half the room had their eyes on him. With a puzzled look on his face, a few people came over and started talking to him.

"Hey, kid you a Mage? We just started up a Clan and would love to have a Mage in our group!"

The young man's eyes sparkled, bronze pin seen on the man's armor.

Another man came up with greedy looking eyes. "Hey you come join in on our clan we are over 30 members strong, and we could always use a Mage!" the man began rubbing his hands together as if he found another newbie to have as prey. "We just ask when you do missions thirty percent of the profit goes to the Clan." This man had a silver pin on his armor. Greylin looked at both these men and responded.

"No thanks. I don't have any interest to join anyone's Clan. Nor do I want to join one like yours where I have to give up my profit. That seems like some extortion or cheap labor for you to reap the rewards. In the end, you live off the free income of others.." Greylin responded with a bit of anger. After his response, a few other people walking over decided to sit back down. The others looked at the man with looks of disdain. He began walking out of the Guild. The man from before looked at him with hate in his eyes. "Stupid brat... I'll make you pay for that..."