Chapter 4

Katniss POV

I slam my bow on the ground and glare at him.

"Don't." I hiss. How can he do that? Every glance. Every touch brings back memories and feelings that shouldn't exist. Does he not get bothered by those secret glances he takes or contact he steals?

"Fine, fine," he chuckles. "Really, I'm sorry." His voice goes from laughter to trying to hide his laughter.

(A/N: Did anyone see that deleted scene? I was practically dying.)

I see him acting as if this is nothing and I explode into rage.

"What is wrong with you?!" I practically scream.

His eyes widen and he looks confused. "Uhh, look Katniss, I'm sorry. Alright? I just wanted to have a little fun. I mean like it's been kind of tense for awhile."

I look at him at disbelief. I'm speechless. For all the things that I used to describe Finnick, I never though heartless would be one.

I stumble over my words. "I have no- i-ddea how you can be funny or have fun during a time like this or when this is happening!"

"And what exactly is happening? Tell me Katniss. What do you think is going on right now?" His eyes tighten and his face becomes dark. His eyes are questioning and if daring me to say what I want.

"You know what I mean," I say, lowering my voice.

"No Katniss, I haven't a clue. Please fill me in," he says slowly and stepping closer to me.

I change my mind and decide to say something else.

"There is a war going on! Do you know how many more people will die?!"

"Exactly Katniss! Many more people are going to die. Do you know how much more grief all of us will be in? It won't be only you and me anymore on a hovercraft weeping Katniss! It will the whole world! People will die on both sides of the war and everyone will get hurt!" He screams, then he lowers his voice, "Everyone has someone to lose Katniss. Everyone has a someone else. Even us. Especially us."

Finally I have the courage to speak up.

"Why?"

"Huh?" he replies.

"Why did you make me fall for you, but end up breaking my heart? Did yyou do it for some fun? For a game?"

He doesn't answer. He just stands there stiff with a pained expression.

I shake my head. "You know Finnick, there were lists of things people described you as and lots of things I described you as. After a while, my perspective of you changes. I didn't describe you as heartless or a player, but I guess I was wrong. You are every little piece of scum that the Capitol and other people describe you as!"

As soon as I said it, I had a feeling that I shouldn't have.

Hii!!! Guys!!! oh sorry if the chapters of this book are shorter, it because the seem longer on my phone.

Oh and do any of you have an Instagram? I finally made one. My name is megmeg2442

Oh and I am also currently writing a different story. The one I am writing is not fan fiction, it's just a story i thought of myself so I will post it when I get a couple of chapters done then ill tell you guys!!!

Oh and the cover to the right was made by @totes_kaykay