8 - Prom Night and a Big Fight

Lights flickered around the room. Red and white. Our school colors. I hated heels so much my feet were killing me before we even got inside the room.

Jacob's hand held into my waist and Alexander watched his hand as he escorted Megan.

Megan said she wasn't surprised to see me back with Jacob. Why? Does she really think I can't get any other guy?

Megan walked around trying to Bribe everyone to pick her and Alex for the king and queen. Jacob hit on other seniors when I was in the restroom and Alex just sat at the table. I joined him.Jacob and I have only been her for 45 minute and he's already being an asshole.

-

After and hour Jacob and Megan finally joined us at the table.

"Hey babe." Jacob whispered and patted my ass. Alex jumped up.

"Don't touch me." He barked and pushed him off as pretended nothing happened and sat back down. Megan just looked at him like she was confused and slightly pissed off.

"I said don't touch me!" I shouted as Jacob started pulling me off my chair. I was practically being dragged out the door. The next thing I knew Jacob was on the floor with blood drizzling from his nose as Alex was standing over him with a clenched fist. Didn't take us long to get kicked out.

"What the hell is wrong with you Alex!" Megan screamed at him as we made our way back to the limo as she tended to Jacobs wound. We drove back to my house.

"I can't believe you." Megan continue to rant as we sat on my couch. she sat far away from Alex.

"He was going to hurt her! She told him to stop and he wouldn't!" Alex shouted at her while he stood up.

"That's her problem!" She countered. Some friend you are..

"Megan's right. That was between me and jenna!" Jacob shouted as he stood up as well.

"Shut your god damn mouth before I bust that too!"

"Alex!" Megan shouted.

"Try me you little bitch!" Jacob shouted.

Alex threw his fight at him and got him right in the mouth. They started to fight and I seen Jacob pull out a knife I jumped in front of Alex as fast as I could causing his blade to slice my right cheek open. Tears formed as the scar turned red and began bleeding. Jacob backed up the second he realized what he did and ran out the door.

"Jenna!!!!" Alex screamed and turned me to him. He held me as a tear dripped down into my cheek and mixed with my blood, dripping down my chin.

He picked me up and took me to his car.

"Where are you going?!" Megan shouted.

"The hospital!"

"She's fine!" Alex slammed the door and took me straight to his car. He buckled me in and started the car.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered and kissed me other cheek.

"I'm fine Alex." I tried to convince him but he took me anyway.

-

12 stitches. Best night ever. Megan was right. Prom night is a night I'll never forget.

"Hey." Megan said softly as she walked inside the hospital room. The doctor decided to give us privacy.

She sat on the chair next to my bed. I just sat there and didn't say a single word.

"I'm sorry. I know I've been kind of a...."