Chapter 6

He kissed me! He pulled me closer and tighter to him by my waist. I held my arms around his neck. He rubbed my back ever so gently and then ran his fingers through my hair. It was amazing. I’ve never felt so loved in my life. He ran his fingers through my hair and I got chills. After about twenty seconds he pulled back and studied my expression.My happy, red-faced expression.

“You’re blushing again.” He mocked.

“Well you kissing me doesn’t help my case y’know.”  I retorted smuggly but playfully. He turned his head and read the list over again; still holding me tight.

“How would you kill Rick?” He asked.

“Weird question but I would strap him down and take a razor to his arm. I’d drag it back and forth and back and forth until eventually I drew enough blood to kill. I’d drain the life from him as he’s done to me for so long now. Of course it would take time but that’s torture for you. Every time I dragged the blade down I’d ask him if he feels what I felt.”

“I love you and your violent mind” Mitchell said and smiled the devilish smile I loved so much. I just smiled and looked in his light brown eyes. He leaned in to kiss me again but suddenly

We heard music. It was Mitchell’s phone ringing.

“Hold on.” He said reluctantly.

“Ok.” I obediently replied. He walked over and sat on the bed and motioned for me to come sit next to him.

“Hello?” He answered

“Where the hell are you?” I heard a girl’s voice demand.

 “I’m helping my friend, she had a major breakdown.”

“She?”

“Yes, Stella she. So what I’m not allowed to have other friends that are girls? What’s your problem?”

“My problem is that you’re cheating on me! Leave her house NOW!”

“I’m not cheating on you! We’re friends. That’s it. She’s just upset right now and she needs support. Something you never gave me.”

“Aww what is she emo? Is she trying to cut herself to get pity from you Mitchell?”

I put my head in a pillow and quietly started to cry. Even people that didn’t know me thought I was emo. Mitchell saw me and hung up the phone to comfort me without even saying goodbye to Stella.

“I’m guessing that was your girlfriend.” I whispered through tears.

“Not for long the way I see it.” He said as he wiped more ebony shadowed tears from my cheek.

“Y’know they say if your tears fall from your left eye, they’re tears of pain. If they come from your right eye they’re tears of joy. Look at me. I’ve never had tears fall from my right eye.” I explained.

“Really? That makes two of us.” He said.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

“Why are you sorry? You have no reason to be.”