The Secret's Out

A/N: This is a super short chapter but there's more to come very soon!

Tony, Peter and I all shuffled through the restaurant doors and out to the parking lot. Car alarms and horns could be heard echoing from the frantic streets of New York City.

Tony finally stopped a good distance away from the restaurant and stared at us dryly. "What the hell was that?" He pointed back towards the restaurant, his eyes stern.

"A sneeze?" I said. I know that it wasn't just a sneeze, but I was trying to play it cool. Or at least whatever "cool" was in that situation.

"Oh right, cause everybody's sneezes end with a flash bang!" He exclaimed. "Now lemme ask again: What. The hell. Was that?"

"We seriously have no idea Mr. Stark!" Peter shouted. "All we knew about was the cybernetic chip."

He tensed, looking even madder than before. "How do you know about that...? Oh. Oh no you did not. You snooped around, didn't you? That's why you went to the kid's house." Tony responded.

"I don't get what's so bad about me knowing though! I'm not mad at you! I'm actually so thankful that you did this. The subtle regeneration and energy endurance saved my life, Tony. I was going to tell you about this and thank you after dinner."

"Well..." He hesitated. "That's very mature of you. I was afraid to tell you because I thought you'd get mad, but it turns out that not telling you did the same thing. I'm sorry. Now back to the real problem: why did you cut through a plate and sneeze out the freaking sun? Huh? Did you mess with the chip?!"

"No! Not at all! Peter just scanned my body with his mask so he could see if there was anything different." I said. Peter nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Shit. That's not good. You're getting abilities that I didn't choose for you." He said. "There's a malfunction."

"Well, can we fix it?" Peter asked nervously.

"I don't know. For now, we're gonna go back inside and give Pepper the birthday she deserves, alright? We'll sort this all out when we get back home." he ordered. "And I don't want any more sneezes coming out of you, young lady." he poked the center of my chest playfully and swiveled back around to walk inside.

I rolled my eyes and followed close behind. "You're never gonna let that go, are you?"