Chapter 3

"Liv, what the hell are you doing?" I heard Hollie say as I zipped up my left boot.
"I'm getting ready for the show?" I responded quietly.
"You're in costume an hour and a half before places" she informed me walking over to her vanity.
"Well excuse me for being a bucket of nerves" I said to her starting to brush out my hair.
"Olivia!" She turned to me "you're so good stop" she demanded. I only sighed and started sectioning off my impossibly long hair in response. I started my French braid, which I decided was my Hamilton hair. That's when I heard a commotion in the hallway.
"Daveed!" I heard a distinct voice say, just then Lin ran past our dressing room. "You can still rap in a French accent right??"
"I've been doing it for a year, now, yes, Lin." I could hear him trying to hold back laughter at Lin's nervousness for our opening night.
                                 •••
I took Hollie's hand on my right and Phillipa's hand on my left right before the show started. They both squeezed my hands and I smiled at both of them. After that the show happened in my mind as a series of moments. It all started with a
"How does a..." from none other than Leslie Odom Jr.

The night played back in my mind like this:

I almost dropped the shot glasses while collecting them from Daveed during My Shot.

Squeezing through the giant clump of the company backstage and grabbing Renee's hand right before she stepped out for Schuyler Sisters.

Receiving the widest smile from Pippa when she high fived me during Helpless.

Finally getting the rush of the audience's energy while performing one of my favorite dances in the show: Ten Duel Commandments.

"Meet him inside, meet him inside, meet him inside, meet him-meet him inside"

I almost missed a "Lafayette" because I got distracted by Diggs rapping at the speed of light.

"The world turned upside down" I placed the chair for Daveed.

"He goes and proposes his own form of government"
"WHAT"

Intermission went too quickly with changing and refueling. Thayne and I walked arm in arm back up to the stage. He squeezed me tightly right before walking on for What'd I Miss.

Patting Oak on the back after I give up my seat for him during Cabinet Battle #1

Throwing paper upon paper at Lin during The Reynolds Pamphlet.

"I saw him just up Broadway a coupla blocks" I pointed upstage "he was goin' to see a play" I smiled at Anthony.

Leslie hastily took the letter I was holding out to him.

"Who lives, who dies, who tells your story"

And just like that we were taking our bows in front of a cheering audience. My cheeks hurt from smiling. Hollie squeezed my hand again and I looked over at her. She was beaming as well. Lin was addressing the audience, thanking them. The company clapped for his speech and then we headed backstage. It was chaos. There was so much hugging. Hollie pretty much tackled me.
"We did it, Liv" she squealed.
"I know!" I hugged her back. She detached herself and went to go hug Thayne. I got buried into another hug while I was watching her go. I hugged back, in such a good mood from the show. The hugger pulled back and placed their hands on my arms.
"You're in both of my numbers." Daveed said looking down at me, correcting himself from the week before "I'm sorry"
"It's fine" I laughed "great job tonight"
"You too" he smiled widely and moved on to tackle Anthony. I then ran to hug Pippa.
                                      •••
"Double vodka cran" I shouted over the music to the bartender who nodded in response. The opening night after party was in full swing at this point. I got my drink and headed out to find Hollie. "Heyyyy" I mused as I approached a table with Hollie, Thayne, Gabe, and Carleigh gathered around it.
"Liiiiiiiiv" the group mused back. I took a sip of my drink while the group made idle chit chat.
"Ugh they are so cute" I said gesturing toward Jazzy and Anthony who were dancing in the middle of the crowd on the floor.
"Oh I know" Carleigh stated leaning closer to me "thanks Renee for bringing that perfect couple to life"
"She did that?" I turned to her, looking slightly shocked.
"Oh yeah!" She laughed "Renee is quite the matchmaker"
"I'll keep that in mind" I laughed. The rest of the night was spent dancing and drinking. I don't drink often but when I do I make it worth my while. Which I did at the after party.

A/N: holy shit it took me long enough to get this done!! I hope it turned out okay. Please comment and vote!! Thanks for reading <3 <3