Chapter Six

The first thing Thursday morning, I was seated in Biology bringing out my books for class. My partner, Grey Prescott, settled beside me. We exchanged glum 'hey's' and went about our business waiting for the teacher to come in.
I tried to ignore Connor's tall frame As he entered the classroom. Ha! Impossible. My eyes followed him all the way to.... Grey?
I set my eyes down the tiled worktop but didn't fail to notice Connor whisper to Grey. In less than a second, Grey got up, got his stuff and moved over two tables behind me.
Connor took his place.
I tried to ignore him as the lesson started, taking illegible notes and listening half-heartedly to what Mr. Walker was saying.
Half-way through the lessons, Connor nudged me with his elbow. I turned to him, feigning uninterest.
"I see my brother's taken a liking to you". He said in a low voice.
"And? " I said. My answer was short actually because I didn't prepare for this, so I had no idea what to say.
"He actually hates all his sisters at tendervines. What makes you so different? "
"I dunno, maybe you should ask him "
I quietly replied as Mr Walker flipped through his textbook for more references.
"He told me you helped him with his homework , you saved me the time and he got a 10"
"Thank you. Elementary maths is my specialty." I said in hushed tones.
He chuckled and I smiled at him.
"Why are you here? " I had to ask
"Me? I'm just learning biology "

* * * * * * * *
After stuffing my books into my unorganized locker, I shut the locker with a faint 'bang ' only to turn to see Connor.
"Now I'm confused. " I said folding my arms. He was up to something and I was smart enough to know so.
He raised his brows but still didn't say a word. I knew his presence was fishy because he still had his bored look on.
"One minute you chew me out and next minute you're standing at my locker. What is it you want?"
After a second-long pause, he answered.
"It's Dale"
"What about Dale? "
"It's an ass-bite to get him eat his veggies and he keeps telling me to get him a brocolate sandwich. Whatever that is ".
I could actually see the frustration in his face. I smiled to think that Dale really liked the sandwich. Aren't I awesome?.
"He said you know what it is."
"I do " I said plainly
"And? "he asked, expectantly
"And what? " I said just to see how frustrated he could get.
"God throw me a bone here. What's he talking about. He's driving me crazy. He won't give rest since yesterday" He said in exasperation.
"fine. But I have a condition "
"Yeah whatever "
I explained the whole brocolate sandwich concept to him. After I was done explaining and he was done being amazed, he said
"So what's the condition ? How much?" He started pulling out his wallet.
Did he actually think I needed his money in exchange for a recipe?.
" I don't want your money "I said pausing his hand with mine,from pulling out anything from his wallet. It was hard to still keep a straight face after the two-second contact between our hands.
"Then what? " he looked both confused and suspicious at the wake time.
Did he think I was gonna ask for a date or something.
"Just teach your brother the time tables" I adjusted my backpack and made for the caf.
* * * * *
"You wanna know what I think?" Erin started.
"I think you like him and he doesn't yet, but he will. " she finished and bit into her apple.
"You said yourself that he doesn't do girls, Erin, don't get ahead of yourself it was one conversation, about food " I said.
Ever since I told her about what went down between me and Connor she'd been having a field day.
"All great relationships start with Hi's and Hello's"
She said as she jumped from the kitchen counter and threw the rest of her banana at the core of her apple into the trash.
"Well, technically, we never said either of those things." I reminded her.
"Well you know what I mean. I mean, he's actually talking to you, like an actual civil conversation "
Pause for drama...
"That's different for him"
"Now you're being ridiculous "
It was like I was the only one of us with a sensible view on the whole thing.
The guy needed information that I had and I gave it to him. Simple as that. No strings attached.
But Erin was seeing one small conversation as marriage proposal in the making. It was a talk, simple as that. I had spent all Saturday afternoon trying to shove that little piece of information into her head.
BUT NO!
She wasn't buying it one bit
"I'm being hopeful that something will happen "she smiled
"Yea,and that something is him being a level 10 jackass and me kicking him in the balls ".
"That's a little brutal for someone who was staring at him hungry in the hallway"
"Hungrily?! Hell no! I was not! "I defensively said.
"Oh please. I saw everything, the googly eyes and the works ".
"You're crazy ."
Was all I said. I was hungrily looking . But that was before I realized how much of an asshole Connor could be.
I recall the look on his pale face when all I asked of him was to teach his brother the timestable. I could swear, he stood there for about thirty seconds before he turned away.
I was half certain that, despite my request, he would still not teach Dale his math.
**************************
Sorry for the wait guys!! Thanks again to all the people who support me and my editor Anita_drea! Theres a big difference between reads and readers. I may have a certain amount of reads but i have a few readers. Those who will actually anticipate a chapter and vote or drop a comment! Please do vote and spread the word guys! Dont hesitate to DM me at any point! Love you guys!
Skylar!