Chapter 9

Well run me over and call me roadkill! A double update?!  In one day?! Aw shit! Daddy is on fire!! This is to say sorry for the wait.  I'm really sorry,  if you read my A/N from the last chapter, I explained what happened.  Please stay with me guys.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thursday was meant to be a good day because it meant the week was almost over. But for some reason, I felt grumpy as ever. 
   I had managed to sit through boring history and even more boring calculus but although I loved chemistry, I was dreading the period as I settled in my seat and rested my head on this cold tiled worktop. 

  I didn't even hear Connor (my latest impromptu partner for some reason) settle down beside me. 
     "So, " he started.
  Oh great.
" you would never guess what Dale called me last night."

   "An idiot? " for some reason,  I just knew that my answer wasn't going to faze him.

"Oh,  much more creative than that." I wasn't looking at him but I could practically feel his smile.

"oh, pray tell." I monotonously answered.  I just wanted to go home.  I didn't have time for his stupid mind games which always seemed to get me mad.

   "He called me...what was it again?...Oh yeah!  'An egoistical jackass who needs to get over himself'. Sounds familiar if you ask me." he feigned a thoughtful look.

   Shit.
I made the kid swear...
  Her voice rang in my head.....

" No I won't buy any orange juice when there's perfectly good tequila in the fridge! If you're thirsty, you drink that!"

Nine year old me cowered in fear as her voice rang out through the entire house.  It was times like this when she easily whipped across and gave me a bruise on my face.  The best thing was to just stay small.  Stay small and let her feel big .

   "But I can't drink that.  I'm too little.  It's not age appropriate to-"

"Oh don't give me that crap about age!  Soon you'll be swearing like a sailor just like me!" She laughed her disgusting laugh that sent shivers down my spine.
    ....no I won't be like you...
" What did you say?" her bloodshot eyes locked on me.

I didn't even know when I said that out loud.
Before I could reply "nothing" her ring-borne hand had slapped me across the cheek.

  I didn't even know I had blanked out until Connor's voice snapped me out of my reverie.
  "Sam! "
"What?" I turned to him, catching the faint glint of concern on his features.

  "I said,  why do you bother so much about kids swearing?"

"Nothing,  it's just....wrong." I lied.  He looked at me, trying to read me but then the teacher came in.
   Thank God.

   "Alright people, get out the equipment let's pick up where we left off last week". She said.

  I picked up the tubes and a beaker filled with the chemicals we were working with  

" we still have unfinished business to discuss." Connor told me as he did what he was doing. 

  Without sparing him a glance, I replied, 
"we have nothing the talk about". No doubt Connor was a smart guy. I doubted he would find out the truth but he was going to have a hunch and I didn't want that to have a chance of happening.
    I poured the chemical into the tube and picked the other reactant. 
  "Sam". 
I cut him off 
" listen Connor, just leave me a alone and I'll do the same"

"Sam i-". I cut him off again 

" you don't even like me,  so why even bother? I mean...."

"Sam I just -" I poured the reactant into the  tube.