Episode 05 Part 02 - Heroes of the Republic

Livia was smiling while she took her clothes from Octavian. He was also still naked. She remembered how good it had been to feel his body against hers. She wanted him again, but knew they couldn't be alone with him to long, people would talk.

"Thank you", Livia said and she took her clothes on. "No one can know about this, not even your friends."

"I know", Octavian said. "No one will hurt you."

"Thank you", Livia said and she stood up. She did her jewellery on, or that what was left of it. She felt Octavian's hand on his hips and she sighed. This was everything she wanted.

"Do you think my mother will come to me?" Octavian asked and Livia heard the scared boy from years ago in his voice. He wanted the love of his mother, like everyone.

"She will be..." Livia didn't know how to say this. "She is a proud woman Octavian. But when you and Antony left her alone, she was lost. I was worried about her, even about Octavia. They are lost puppies without men around them, you know."

"I cannot imagine that", Octavian said.

"I can", Livia said and she turned around. "Your mother is the strongest woman I have ever met. But she is lonely without men. She loves them too much, needs them. So she will come to you, not for your forgiveness, but because she needs you."

"I think I have to do with that."

"Yes you have", Livia said and she kissed his cheek, the one she had slapped repeatedly during their lovemaking. "But I will go now, before Octavia arrives here. And I will see you soon, in public."

"In public", Octavian said and they parted. Livia walked out of the tent and saw Lia standing there. Livia smiled and got on her horse. When she looked back, Octavian was there looking at her. Livia smiled, the game was on.