six

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

After your first day and starting fresh, you and Todoroki had hung out everyday at school, reminiscing about the past and catching up on the past 10 years you'd spent without each other.

He'd told you about how he got his scar as you told him how beautiful you think he looked, scar or no scar and remained in his embrace until the end of lunch, he had informed you of why he'd left and how he didn't want to, but had no choice, but you didn't care because all that mattered was that he was with you now. Hopefully he wouldn't leave again.

It had been months now since you'd become reacquainted and you were sat in your usual spot, a bento box in hand and another one placed at your side as you handed one to Todoroki.

"It's got your favourites​ in!"

You smiled brightly as he took the box, a rare smile on his face that he reserved only for you.

"Thank you, Y/N."

You ate in silence, but it wasn't an awkward one. It was blissful really, you just sat together and enjoyed one another's company, words weren't needed.

"Y/N."

You looked to the boy beside you, an eyebrow quirked upwards as you waited for him to continue, humming lightly to show you were listening.

"Do you remember when we were eating together all those years ago and you said when we grow up, you wanted me to marry you?"

Your cheeks burned brightly at the question as you choked on your food slightly.

"I - uh, yeah, I do."

The silence between your answer was almost suffocating, not knowing what he was going to say next was killing you.

"When we graduate, let's get married."

You dropped your food in shock, immediately letting out a cry as it sprawled out on the floor.

"MY FOOD."

You yelled, rather loudly, causing people to look over at you and your cheeks to burn even brighter from embarrassment.

Your head snapped towards your friend, your face red as a tomato as your eyes burned with an emotion he'd only seen once before, love.

"Are you serious, Shoto?"

The boy in question nodded as he placed the bento box beside him, turning to face you, his hand placed on top of yours.

"I missed out on 10 years of your life, 10 years that we could've spent together."

He looked down at your hand, entertwining his fingers with your own.

"I don't want to miss anymore, I love you Y/N, I think I always have and it would be an honour to make you my wife one day."

Your head felt light as your heart pounded against your chest, you didn't know what to say, was this even real? A fever dream? You might pass the fuck out right now.

You looked into his heterochromatic eyes, your free hand reaching up to cup his cheek gently as you smiled through burning cheeks. Trying to ignore the fact that your heart was literally about to burst from your chest and start singing, you replied.

"I'd love to, Shoto."

You leaned forward, pressing your forehead against his own.

"I love you too."

and with that said, you connected your lips to his, hands going around his neck as you pulled him closer.

You pulled away, your nose pressed against his as you looked into one another's eyes, the smile never leaving your face as you leaned in to kiss him again.

You'd seen a lot of movies that spoke about the first kiss like it was pure magic and you had to agree. Right now, it was like you were the only two around, the only thing you could hear was the pounding of your erratic heart beat in your ears as your fingers ran themselves through his hair.

Peaceful.

That's how you felt, for the first time in ten years, you felt at ease.

and it was all thanks to him.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

published; August 5th 2017
edited and re-written September 2020