Skye

Skye

    Some days I feel nothing, and other days I feel everything at once.

    I sit with my legs drawn close to my chest, my hood over my head and the cup of coffee cupped in my hands. The warmth emanating from it conducts shivers down my spine, making all the little hairs stand straight like soldiers. Gaping vacantly outside the large window, I scrutinise the unoccupied street that was still immersed in darkness, as the flakes of snow flurry down in small swirls. The snow conceals the concrete paths, getting heavier with each gust of wind, making the distance of the street unseen.

    Every night I sneak out of my bedroom window, making sure that I don't get caught and I spend the night here drinking countless amounts of coffee because of the traumatic nightmares that take over my mind when I'm slumbering. They mess with my head, and leave me terrified.

    I bring the cup of coffee to my lips, blowing it before taking a short sip. The bitter taste fills my mouth, but soon the sugariness replaces it. However the aftertaste is still bitter. It's kind of like life. The warmth of the cup, keeps you snug making you feel safe, yet if you aren't too careful it could also burn you. You add sugar to the coffee; as if you're trying to sugar coat the actuality of life, yet no amount could ever get rid of the bitterness that always seems to overpower it.

    Sharply I glance ahead of me, seeing Tyler sat two tables down, already fixating his soft gaze on me. I hurriedly look away, afraid that if I look for too long he'll know. We've never spoken properly before; only a simple hello and a name, and we've sat every night for thirty-one nights, two tables apart from each other, soundlessly sipping on our coffees. I tug on my hoodie, so that the sleeves cover my wrists completely and only my fingers are visible, and I gently pat my pocket, making sure that the blade is still there. I squirm under his watch, placing the coffee onto the round table and I hug myself tightly. He looks away before getting up, and exiting.

A/N ~ Cover is made by @OoLittleMeOo (I love it! Thanks again.)