Chapter 4

The building was small, but it seem comfortable and warm. "Better then being outside" I muttered under my breath. Luna elbowed me on my ribs. A light bulb hang in the middle of the room, slowly swaying back and forth, a big, round table, full with maps and graphs along with coordinates. All over the walls were filled with faces and pictures,  few of them have a red X on them.

"Um Luna?, What is it do you guys do?" I said, looking at her. She open her mouth "What WE do, is catch the bad guys by being the bad guys" A voice said in the shadows.

I quickly turn around to see a guy sitting on a chair. His brown hair was slicked back, he had light brown eyes. He wore a tight black shirt, that you could see his muscles bulging.  You can tell, this guy worked out 24/7.

Wish I looked like him,but instead I have green eyes like luna, black hair like a vulture's feathers,  and I'm not bulging like Mr. Ripped,  but I could say I'm decent looking.

"Don't say it like that Asher" Luna said, putting her hands on her hips. He smiled slightly, slowly getting off the chair, walking toward us.

"So Luna, who's this, whom you brought into the secret fortress"He said, looking at her then at me as if he was looking into my soul. "He's my cousin, he wants to join us" She said, placing a hand on my shoulder. He rolled his eyes and walked away "And why should I care? We have enough people in this organization and we don't need outsiders, so there's the door" Asher said, walking away.

"Asher! That is no way how to talk to guest" a deep voice said and a tall dark girl walked in. she had one long braid that reach down to the floor, her eyes were a hazel color. She was mesmerizing.

She pushed past Asher and went to hug Luna "Luna, it's good to see you. Long time no see" she said, giggling.  "Yeah Rae, it's good to be back". Asher rolled his eyes and walked off to another room.

"So this is your cousin? You guys look like twins almost" Rae said, smiling.  I like Rae, she always smile. "Yeah, this is my cousin, but Asher didn't let me finish. He's my cousin AND a Neptune,  just like me" Luna said. Asher appear next to Rae in a heartbeat

"He's a Neptune?! Then why didn't you say anything, Welcome mate" he said shaking my hand with a strong grip. I released his hand. "Yes indeed,  welcome.  My name is Rae, Daniel probably knows you're here" she said, smiling. "Wait how does he knows?  I didn't even met him" I said.

"He's a techno freak, he has this place all wired up, so he probably saw you through one of the cameras" Asher said. Rae turned and gave him a death glare, and he shrunk away.  "Come on, let's get out of the map room" Rae said as she took my hand. "I'll look for Daniel" said Luna, as she walked away from us.

Rae giggled and began to walk to a door. Just like outside,  it had swirls, different color designs and languages. She step up and place her hand against a pad. A thin green light scan her palm, Rachel Whitelock the machine said, the door made a click and Rae pushed it open. What I saw took my breath away.

Big, tall, glass wall windows that reach up the ceiling A marble stone kitchen near the side. In the middle of the room a giant, flat screen tv with a big soft, sky blue couch wrapped around in front of the tv and a golden chandler hang up in the middle of the room, making the room bright like the sun.

I walk around, taking all my surroundings, slowly going down the little steps to the glass walls, the city glowed with light, making it alive. I smiled,  looking at the night sky.  I turned around to look at Rae, who was watching me the whole time.

"How did we reach to the top floor, without going up any stairs or elevator" I said. She smiled then jump on the couch, putting her feet up on the table, "This building restructures on anywhere you want to go, I wanted to show you the Main Room, so the building restructure to make us go to the top. Think of it as a giant elevator" She said, giggling.

"Wow" was all I could say. "This Daniel kid is a genius" I said,  walking up and sits next to Rae. "Yeah, he's the best" She said, criss crossing her legs under her. "So what made you decide to join The Watchers?"

"Well before my uncle died, Luna and him would always talk about a secret organization called The Watchers and it seems fascinating.  It seems as though it was calling me. You know what I mean?"I said. she smiled, resting her hand on mine "Yeah I completely understand you Ezekeial" she said. "Come on, let me give you the tour".

                                       *****

He bust open the door wide hitting against the wall behind. Daniel looked up with scared deer eyes as he was holding some chemicals in his hands. "It's just me man" Miguel said, walking with a cigarette in his mouth. Daniel could feel himself still trembling. Miguel took off his shades off, looking around the hot, tiny apartment. "Where's my stuff?" he said, sitting on a dusty couch.

The sun beamed bright on his face as he looked out the window. Daniel gently put down his chemicals and pull out a plastic bag and threw it to Miguel.  He caught it with one hand, and open it. Danie stare at Miguel He is one sick person He thought. Miguel smiled then close the bag tight. "You always manage to pull things through Daniel"He said,  getting up.

He walked upto Daniel, patting him on the back. Daniel flinched away when he made contact. "Okay, are you going back to New York to meet Ezekeial?"he said eagerly. Miguel smile and walked to the tiny kitchen. He open the fridge and pull out a beer, taking a swig. "Nah" He said, wiping some of the beer drop off his chin. "I'll go when the time is right, but if I were you, I'd leave town" He said, smirking. Daniel's eyes widen "W-what do you mean?" He said in horror,  but Miguel was already at the door. He smirked at him and wink "Stick around for the show" he said, shutting the door behind him.