Chapter Six:Evil unfortunately tempts everyone (Part Two)

Aspen felt his back ache as he was lifted by his shoulders and dragged across the never ending hallway.

"We're going to meet someone very powerful, alright? When you're in his presence you will only speak when spoken to and you will show him the utmost respect, got it?" The blonde man hissed at Aspen as he spun on his heels to once again face Aspen, lifting up his limp head.

Aspen managed to give him a small groan of understanding and then gasped as he felt himself being yanked along the hall once more. His already torn shirt ripped as it caught on the jagged, uneven floor. The tiles were coming up off of it. They kept going for a while, every so often harshly turning around a corner. Aspen heard a whimper escape from his lips as he was rammed into the wall. He coughed as he felt blood begin to pour out of his nose.

Then, finally, the cloaked figures pulled him into a new room and tossed him into the middle of the floor. Aspen coughed a few times, but he didn't try to get up. I'm too tired... I feel like I could pass out at any minute...

Sir, we have brought you the boy.

Aspen knew that familiar voice inside his head as the cloaked figures spoke.

Aspen looked up slowly, struggling to lift his face off the ground. A blurry figure was sitting above him, in very large chair... Aspen squinted. Is that... a throne?

"I assume you did your duty and made him worthy of my presence?" A calm man's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Yes, Master North."

Aspen watched as the blurry man stood and stepped towards him. The man seemed young- maybe in his early twenties. He had jet black hair that hung over his face. His eyes were a deep, dark green. He was a shorter man, a little over five foot. The man leaned down. Aspen saw that he had a deep scar under his left cheek.

"I don't believe you. Prove it, Zion." North said.

"You heard him. C'mon Aspen, show Master North what you have learned." The blonde man, Zion, spoke with hushed anger.

Aspen thought of the millions of needles, the cramped cell, being handcuffed to the floor, and all of the other unending torture he had been put through. "Well, I... wouldn't say... I have learned anything except that you all are very evil-"

Suddenly, Aspen coughed, practically choking on his tongue as he suffered another blow to the face.

"Change! Now!"

Memories of Char rushed through Aspen's body then, and he felt a warmth began to spread through his fingertips. But then the warmth died, and weakness filled his body. Aspen cried out in pain as a fist was thrust into this rib cage. He collapsed on the floor.

"I said change!" Zion thundered. He leaned down and slapped Aspen across the face.

"I can't!" Aspen shouted, spitting out blood.

"Try harder!" Zion was so close to Aspen's face that he could see a ring of light flicker through Zion's eyes. "Now!"

Char, think of Char... Aspen focused on the drawings that lined her walls, on the way she pulled her bright blue hair up into a ponytail every morning, on how she held him when he was little and had nightmares about the fire that killed their family... He gasped as a heat flooded his body. Golden light spilled out of him, brightening the room. Talons extended out of his fingertips. Aspen looked up to see Zion smirking down at him.

"Told you it was possible, Master North."

Quickly, the light faded, and complete exhaustion overtook Aspen's body. He sunk down to the floor.