Chapter 3

After A While I Woke Up In My Bed. My Body Felt So Sore It Was Hard To Move. I Had A Huge Bruise On My Wrist & My Ribs. I Slowly Got Out Of Bed & Limped To What Was Left Of The Mirror. Just To See A Nice Black Eye. I Thought To My Self Just Great This Is Prefect. I Crept Into The Hallway & Into Brandy Old Room. I Slowly Cleaned It Up & Fixed What I Could. I Cried As I Looked At Ripped Up Pictures Of Me & Her. After Cleaning & Drying My Eyes I Took A Hot Shower To Try To Take Away Some Of The Pain In My Body Then Locked My Door & Pushed My Dresser In Front Of It & Did My Best To Get Some Sleep.

The Next Morning I Woke Up Trying To Hope It Was A Dream. Sadly It Wasn't. I Couldn't Cover This Up Its Impossible. I Couldn't Stay Home & Risk A Beating. I Just Took A Shower & Got Dressed Jeans & A Turtle Neck. Its The Middle Of May & Its Hot As Hell.

I Know Im Going To Melt But Its Better Than My Teachers Seeing Me. They'll Just Call ACS & My Parents Will Just &

Say Im Clumsy Or I Got Jumped & Idk By Who. If I Tell The Truth They'll Find Me & Hurt Me Im Their Meal Ticket They Can't Afford To Loose.

I Walked Into School Keeping My Head Down. Avoiding All Eye Contact, Rushing To My Locker. I Quickly Grabbed My Books & Rushed To Class. I Sat In The Back As Usual I Pulled My Hoodie Over My Head & Laid My Head On The Desk. I Was Trying To Forget Everything. Forget The Bruises & Scars & Just Make It Through The Day. My Math Teacher Started Yelling At Ne To Sit Up & Take My Hood Off. I Slightly Picked My Head Up & Said "No". She Came Over & Try To Pick My Head Up I Pushed Her Away From Me. She Said "Not To Show Off In Front Of The New Student" All I Did Was Get Up & Grab My Things & Leave.

I Went Home Luckily He Wasn't Home. I Went In Brandy Room & Took All Her Make Up & Went In My Room & Locked & Blocked The Door. I Try To Cover The Buries. I Did The Best I Could, I Never Use Make Up Before. Brandy Always Did This For Me. It Was Hard I Remembered A Few Things & Did The Best I Could. I Went To Sleep Later That Night. It Was The First Night This Week He Didn't Try To Hurt Me.

I Didn't Even Want To Go To School This Morning But I Did Anyway. Walk To Go Open My Locker & This New Kid Is Next To You Trying To Open His. He Is Gorgeous I Will Never Have A Chance. I Just Opened Mine & Didn't Pay Attention To Him Until He Tapped Me.

"Can You Help Me"

"I Can't You'll Never Have Friends Talking To Me" I Walked Away & Went To Class I Sat Down 2Minutes Later He Sits Next To Me. I Glare At Him & Just Focus On Class. Dawn Brandy Best Friend Sat In The Back For The First Time Ever. She Was Talking To Him & He Was Ignoring Her. I Giggled A Little & She Heard Me.

"Whats So Funny Freak"

"Im Not A Freak!"

"Yes You Are & Your Unwanted Murder!"

"I Didn't Kill Her Someone Shot Her Leave Me Alone" I Ran Out Of Class & Into To Library Crying My Eyes Out. I Felt A Hand Rubbing My Back & Assumed It Was Miss.Lambert But When I Looked It Was That Kid.

"You Shouldn't Have Followed Me You'll Never Have Friends"

"I Don't Want Friends That Bully Im Joey By The Way"

"Im Victoria Also Known As The Murder & Freak"

"From The Way Your Crying You Didn't Murder Anyone But I Can Tell You Were There"

"My Sister My Saver"

"Why Do They Say You Murder Her"

"Because She Died For Me She Died Saving Me" I Couldn't Stop Crying. He Hugged Me & Rubbed My Back. I Didn't Know To Either Pull Away Or Stay. Then Came Dawn

"I Knew Your Freak Ass Would Be In Here & Let Go Of Him" She Pulled Him Off Of Me

"Im Not A Freak"

"Leave Her Alone" He Said Pulling Away From Her. No One But Brandy Stood Up For Me.

"Fine But Lets Go You Have P.E With Me"

"No I Have Art With Her So Bye" He Grabbed My Hand & Pulled Me Out The Library. It Amazed Me How He Stood Up To Her & Protected Me. I Showed Him The Art Room. I Sat In The Back & He Sat Next Me. He Told Me "Never Let Someone Bully You & Tells Lies When Don't Know Your Story". The Rest Of The Day Was Easier To Get Through.

I Went Home Feeling What I Guess People Would Call Happy. That Was Until I Seen My Drunk Dad Laying On The Couch. I Slowly Walked Up The Steps. The Step Made A Creak & I Froze Didn't Know What To Do.