Sink or Swim

AN: Okay everyone! Here is the first episode in season 3. This chapter was a toughie to write because Chase and Katie were seperated most of the time plus its super long. Hope I've written the first episode justice.

There are certain things I didn't want to experience in my life and being trapped with two of the most annoying people on earth was one of them. Leo kept complaining and Mr. Davenport would occasionally burst into a fit of tears. For a while, I tried to be the sane one and try to calm them down but the need to strangle them was always in the front of my mind.

Finally, after who knows how long, the elevator started to move. As it moved closer to the living room floor, we could all hear Tasha banging on the door "Leo! Donald! Katie! Can you hear me?"

We pushed the doors opened and Tasha grabbed us into her arms "I was so worried!"

Mr. Davenport pulled her into a hug of his own "We're so glad you're okay."

"How did you fix the elevator?" Tasha asked.

Mr. Davenport sighed "Well it was incredibly difficult but, in the face of great diversity-"

Leo cut Mr. Davenport off "I shimmied up the shaft and flipped the emergency while he cried."

Tasha glared at him and he paused with wide eyes "But I coached him. At least my sprinkler system put the fire out before it spread to the rest of the house."

"What about the lab?"

When we went back down, my heart shattered like everything around us. The explosion ruined and charred everything...including the capsules. It was just another reminder that my best friends were gone.

"It's worse than I thought," Mr. Davenport sadly told us.

"The blast took out everything." Leo responded.

"I can't believe your own brother would do this," Tasha fumed "He could have killed Leo and Katie," Mr. Davenport looked at her hurt and turned quickly back to him "and you."

"My mission specialist desk," Leo said "Okay this just got real. I'm gonna hurt Douglas where he lives," He back tracked "As soon as I find out where he lives."

I looked around the room sadly "I can't believe everything is gone."

Mr. Davenport bent over the ashes and rumble where Adam, Bree and Chase's capsules were "Look at their capsules. There's nothing left."

"Even Eddie's gone."

"Yes!" Tasha cheered and all three of us slowly looked at her "Yes, he will be missed."

"He was my best friend," Now I know Eddie was a Davenport original and I know we're in mourning for the lab being gone but that's just sad. Eddie is only a computer. Mr. Davenport can upload him again.

"I thought I was your best friend?" Tasha approached him.

"No it was him."

Tasha crossed her arms and Leo spoke the million dollar question "What are we gonna do?"

"There's not much we can do," Mr. Davenport sighed "The house isn't even ours anymore."

"Speaking of which, the bank wants us out. I'll go gather what's left of our stuff."

Tasha left Mr. Davenport, Leo and I sadly.

Mr. Davenport looked around and Leo sighed "All your hard work. Millions of dollars' worth in equipment; gone."

"All this stuff can be replaced," Mr. Davenport said.

"Adam, Bree and Chase can't," I murmured.