30

As of 3:32PM, Coming in right now, we have reports of a suspected homicide. Chris Kendall was found dead in his own home just minutes ago. Authorities are doing all they can to find out more on the alleged murder, and are sending in updates as I speak.
There were evident signs of struggle at the scene, and a carving knife left beside the body. The knife was covered with what is believed to be the victims blood, as well as having words carved into the blade.
"You should have listened, Precious" are the words inscribed on the metal.
We advise everyone in the area to stay inside and lock your doors. More updates will be given later tonight and tomorrow. Our deepest condolences go out to Chris' family and friends.
~~~~~~~~1 hour later~~~~~~~~
New information has been brought to light about the death of Chris Kendall. His phone, which appeared to have been burnt, was recovered from the crime scene and police were able to retrieve some of the last files to be saved on the phone, which consisted of a number of texts received before what is believed to be time of death. It seems that the killer replied to these texts using Chris's phone. These are the texts we were able to decipher. Unfortunately any numbers other than the one of Chris's own phone were unable to be deciphered.
10:25am to 10:26am
Unknown Number A: don't ring them
Chris: it's too late. I'm calling now.
Unknown Number A: oh no you're not
Chris: and how do you figure that?
Unknown Number A: look behind you
This was the last message to be sent from this number. It is believed for obvious reasons that the killer is the same person to send the texts above to Chris Kendall.
10:25am to 10:27am
Unknown Number B: I need you to ring the police for me
Unknown Number B: Chris he's fucking mad!
Unknown Number B: He thinks I'm a fucking murderer!
Chris: Chris isn't going to be ringing anyone ever again
Chris: [image attached]
The image sent to Unknown Number B was thought to graphic to be shown on national television, but is described as "a brutal image of Chris Kendall, just moments after his death"
Police are searching for his killer right now, and we will be updated once he has been found.
That is all on the matter of Chris Kendall's death, and remember, please stay safe, during this time of distress.