second

I adjusted my bag over my shoulder as I entered the room. This was a very small class, so the area seemed to echo whenever you walked in, or even dropped a pencil.

I learned that the hard way, my first day was yesterday. It was probably the most awkward experience of my life.

There were maybe only fifteen people in here now, I took a seat in the fourth row, by myself.

A sigh came from my lips as I leaned back in my chair, I actually thought I'd be late this morning, but the professor hasn't even showed up yet.

The white walls only made the room look more depressing than usual, no paintings or posters. The huge windows only opened up the dull London day, dark clouds and trees covering most of the view from where I had decided to sit this morning.

A course of laughs echoed though the room as two boys entered through the double doors. One was blonde, sporting a white tank top looking like he was ready to go to the ocean, which was crazy seeing as it's freezing as fuck outside.
The tall brunette next to him, that looked in desperate need of a hair cut, was practically leaning over to talk to his mate, being at least a foot taller. He was wearing all black, looking quite like I do most days.

But really, I mean all black.

Black shirt, black peacoat, black scarf, black skinny jeans,- which had holes in the knees, they looked to be three years old, maybe even his only pair- and a pair of black boots.

I rested my head on my right hand, arm stretched on the table, as I examined the man with shoulder length hair again. His head turned to look around the room, his neck craning back as he was probably observing the high ceilings in this place.

"Yeah Niall, I'll catch you later."

I wasn't eavesdropping, the room has an echo, but I did get the information that his friend Niall was leaving.

After he watched his friend leave, the disgusting haired boy began scanning the isles of tables, each row he studied longer than the other. I only took shot glances, but even by that I took notice of his tall frame and lean figure, which intrigued me at the slightest. I could only lick my lips at the thought of what could possibly be held under his black shirt.
What the hell, Fae?!
I shook my head, my eyes still on the male specimen. Looking down, his long slender fingers made their way up to his nose as he sneezed into his palm.

Gross.

The lad began to climb up the stairs, and soon his eyes landed on me.

I quickly looked down at my journal, avoiding any awkward stares. God damn, how embarrassing. He totally just caught me, why do I always stare?

My mum always told me it was rude, but I just can't help it sometimes.

Stop over thinking, Fae.

I'm dying from over thinking. I'm slowly killing myself by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap. And it's something I do daily.

The chair next to me screeched against the wooden floors as someone pulled it out. I jumped, looking up, surprised to see the dark, curly haired guy. Well, his head was turned the opposite direction, so I still wasn't able to really recognize him from up close.

It was quite weird though, he never asked if he could sit next to me. Sure, it's not a big deal, but there are maybe 35 other seats available in this class.

No, "Is this seat taken?"

He just sat.

I bit my lip shyly, my head still down, eyes drawn to my blank journal. My hair cascaded over my face, so I didn't have much luck of taking glances at the guy any longer.