eleventh

The genetic blonde hair similar to my own fell to the apex of her shoulders. Perfect posture suited her attitude, calm and collected, yet completely aware of her surroundings. Her smile was bright, considering to the look of her teeth that she must've used whitening strips last night.

I dug through my pockets to retrieve my key, walking a couple steps to close the front door behind me and locking it.

"You cut your hair?" I conversed, reaching my hand out to touch the recently recolored tips as we walked towards my car.

Mum was a natural blonde, yet her wish to always stay young resulted in expensive products that made her look ten years younger, and believe me, it worked.

Today was Friday, my whole week had consumed of University and Zayn. I had lots of course work, Harry and I had written bits of our story throughout the week in class.
Practically every day after University I would go to Zayn's flat or he would go to mine, we finished two seasons of The Walking Dead on Netflix, and I've grown to love American shows like it. Zayn and I lived for scary films, so to find a television show other than American Horror Story that portrayed gory situations was refreshing.

"Yes! Isn't it lovely? I've got the models wearing it too, compliments the face." She spoke, opening the passenger door to my BMW. I had received this car in early 2010 when I turned sixteen, it was brand new and I still wonder how my single mum could afford it, even with the job she has.

My eyes diverted to the clothes she was wearing at the thought and I smiled proudly. Mum really was in our generation, but seeing as her career is in fashion, it's a no brainer that she would dress up to par.

"Love, you really need to tone it down with the black and white. Did you get the sample clothing I sent last month? It was my fall collection."

I pouted, my head falling down to inspect the outfit I had decided to wear today. I had a white Adidas top, black skinny jeans that went to my belly button, and solid white Nikes. The shirt didn't cover my skin fully, so I matched it with a black coat.

I backed out of the driveway, watching as a lady picked up what I'm guessing was dog shit from my neighbors grass.

"Gave those to Abbie." I mumbled, loud enough for her to hear. We neared the end of my street and I remembered to turn left, the directions to my favorite Italian restaurant being our destination.

"Well, you do pull off the color better than I ever could. Every time I wear it, I feel like I'm going to a burial." She puffed out some air, opening up my dashboard to look through everything.
So nosy.

I paid attention to my surroundings, the gloomy London air was the same as usual. Most pedestrians wore sweaters and boots, others in scarfs and beanies. It's only the middle of October, people are already beginning to get ready for the snow.

Halloween was next week and I still didn't have a costume or anything, but I'm sure I'll just stay at home. I didn't really fuss over that holiday anymore, but I did enjoy handing out the candy to the kids around the streets.

"Honey?" My head turned to mother as we neared the stop light, pressing my foot on the break in the process. She held an open pack of Marlboro cigarettes, the white and red box confusing even myself.

Then I remembered Zayn had left a box in here last week. We went to the forest and Zayn drank a little too much, they fell from his pocket and he decided on putting them in the dashboard to snatch before he got out of the car. He must've forgot to take them out.

"Zayn's." I pressed on the gas as soon as the light turned green, the thought of Zayn and smoking only making my foot press on the pedal harder.