Prologue A1: What's written in the diary

There is something that I desire that I can't vaguely put into words.

It might seem trivial to some but it holds a great importance to me.

If only I could just tell her how I felt that day, would things be different? Or is it just another one of my wishful thinking?

I can only imagine the look on her face through my own selfish reality.

Isn't it funny that the things that we want to protect the most ended up being broken and destroyed? Or is it just human nature that further drives us to the path of our own downfall?

It doesn't matter whether it's a thing or a relationship. The choices that we make today dictates our tomorrow and the failure of the past can never be changed.

The only thing that we can do to cover for our mistakes is to cope up and live with it.

It doesn't matter how painfully difficult it is to walk on to the journey of life carrying a colossal burden. It is our duty to continue and give meaning to our petty life.

It's easy to say that failures are part of our lives but the thought that I could possibly end up with the wrong answer and be unable to take it back makes me scared.

I don't want to be wrong.

I don't want to make mistakes because I'm not brave enough to fail.

Maybe I'm the worst type of loser there ever is.

In the end, I'm the type that wish for things to happen but don't consider taking actions.

If only I could take up the courage to move forward things might have been different.

The truth is, people are different yet similar in many ways.

I believe that there are only two types of people in this world.

It's either you're a fool or a sage.

The fools who don't know when to quit, those who charge in through the obstacles of life like a mad bull without a second of hesitation for their actions.

And then here comes the sages who's afraid of failing and hurting their egos so much that they value the avoidance of failure rather than success itself.

In my point of view, mundane things like these won't matter as long as I have something that I truly believe in.

The scary part is that the things that we believe in might not be truth that we are seeking. It's always a mirage from our own doubts.

The truth is, I'd be fine with a lie.

My answers are all fleetingly wrong and whimsical and I want to believe that it is genuine because I can't believe in anything else beyond that, or even in myself.

I'm not the smartest person around let alone the reliable one but when my help is needed and I know they will, I'll be there.

For now, I'll look forward into the future.