Please don't cry - Auston Matthews #34 TML

Word count: 1166

Warnings: fluff and cute Auston

------------------------------------------------------

You met Auston back in high school – you were the cliché high school sweethearts throughout your high school career. You weren't that into cliché's but the love you shared with Auston was something special. It was unbelievable how big of a softie he could be when you were around. You wouldn't say it but he was a hopeless romantic and that was what you loved the most about him. You were very supportive of his hockey career; you went to as many games and practices as possible and comforted him when he would lose a game. You were probably his number one fan beside his family. You were even there when he got drafted to the Toronto Maple Leafs – it made you kind of sad because he would have to move but very proud because he got drafted first overall which a big accomplishment. You decided to keep dating and he promised you to Face Time as much as possible and you would go to his games if you had time. You went to a college in California where you both grew up.

The season was over so Auston came back to California for the time being. You were going on a vacation to Hawaii to celebrate your four year anniversary with him. You were laying down in the sun reading a book while he was out and about. You were alone for a while until someone was blocking the sun. You looked up to see your boyfriend looking at you intently. Even though you have been together for such a long time you couldn't help but blush. 'I made reservations in a restaurant not too far away from the hotel, if that's okay with you?', he said fidgeting with his hands. 'Sure, thank you babe.', you said smiling at him. 'Do you want to go in the water?', 'Yes, but if you want to go into the deep, you will have to carry me.', you said excitingly. Auston was 6'3" while you were 5'7". 'The last one in the water has to carry all our stuff back to the hotel!', you yelled sprinting off to the water. Since you are so short, you were faster than him.

You were currently at the restaurant eating the dessert. You noticed Auston got more and more nervous by the minute, you thought it was strange – the last time he acted like this he asked you to be his girlfriend. 'You okay there Aus?', you asked. 'Yeah, it's just hot in here.', he said. When you were finished at the restaurant you walked outside on the board walk next to the beach. 'Let's take a walk on the beach.', Auston asked stopping you. 'Sure, fine by me.', you said, looking at him – you barely saw his face because it's so dark out, the only light you had were the moon and the streetlights.

'Have you been thinking about our future?', he asked you suddenly. You were taken aback by his question. Of course you did, all girls do that you thought. You knew Auston was serious about your relationship but you never would've thought he would think about the future. When you didn't respond to him, you were stopped. You turned to look at him, he had a serious look on his face. You smiled up at him, 'Of course I have.', you said holding his hand rubbing your thumbs over the back of his hands. 'I have too, I have been thinking about this for a while now...', he says getting really nervous, he cleared his throat and let go of your hands. He suddenly went down on one knee making you gasp. You held your hands in front of your mouth because of the shock about what he was about to do. 'Ever since I first met you in our freshman year I knew I had to make you mine. You are such an amazing person. I just love it that you support me through everything even though we had our ups and downs. I just want to build a life, have kids and grow old with you. Will you please marry me, Y/N?', he said tearing up and with a lot of passion. He was holding up the most beautiful ring you have ever seen. You were speechless, you couldn't get a word out so you just nodded. He stood up grabbed your small hand and put the ring on your finger. The tears were running down like a waterfall and you couldn't stop crying. You never thought he would something like this. 'I would love to build a life with you.', you finally were able to say. He was just holding you close to him as if he didn't want you to leave.

| Two years later |

It's been two years since he proposed to you. You wanted to wait until you graduated college so you could you move in with him. You were currently admiring yourself in the mirror. You were wearing a beautiful strapless gown, you look like a princess. You were tearing up at the sight, the makeup artist and the hairdresser did an amazing job. 'Don't cry you silly!', your mother said, grabbing a tissue. 'I'm sorry mom but it's just I never thought I would marry so soon.', you said with a shaky voice. 'You aren't getting cold feet are you?', you sister and maid of honor said. You heard a knock on the door and you saw your dad walk in. He stopped in his tracks. 'Oh my, oh my. My beautiful princess.', he said trying to hold back his tears. 'Are you ready? They're all waiting for you.', he said after getting his act together.

You were all waiting outside the room. Everyone was going to their spot. You got a lot of compliments of Auston's team mates who are part of the bridal party. 'Are you ready, honey?', your dad asks you holding out his arm. You nodded, locking your arms together and holding your bouquet a little tighter. The music began playing and everyone started moving towards the door when it opened. You waited a little longer and when you walked inside you locked eyes with Auston as if there was no else in the room. You saw him tearing up a bit, making you tear up. He had the goofiest grin on his face, when you walked down the altar you gave your bouquet to your sister and a kiss on the cheek of your dad. You started tearing up even more when you saw Auston up close. 'Please don't cry.', he whispered to you. The whole ceremony went over in a daze and when the pastor said 'Now you may kiss the bride.', you couldn't be happier. Auston quickly grabbed your hips when you grabbed his face and kissed his lips with so much passion and emotion you just couldn't stop but of course you had too.

You were now Mrs. Y/NMatthews.