Really?

***Two months later***

"You never texted" Ben said sounding hurt

"I didn't think you really meant it. You were on some pretty heavy medications" I say examining his leg. I am on the cardio rotation this week but he is still my patient so I get to see him again.

"Nonsense. Of course I meant it."

"Okay well I get off of work around ten tonight. I suppose I could talk"

"Bloody ten o'clock? Doctors work late."

"And surgeons work later"

"Your boyfriend must hate that. You must be too tired for him to have his way with you"

"No. Boyfriend. We just broke up. But if i did, I don't sleep much anyways."

"Oh. Bad break?"

"No not really. Painful at first but not too bad now."

"I bet all the boys are coming for you now"

"No not really." I say "Okay lets begin to see you stand up"

I let his arm over my shoulder to brace himself.

"Okay how does it feel"

"Okayish I guess" he say uncertainly

"I'm your doctor, no need to be brave. If it hurts it hurts"

"No really. I am okay"

"Okay. So if you are feeling good we will send you in for surgery to remove the pins"

"We can't keep them in? I want something of you inside me all the time"

"I didn't actually place them...I just cut into your leg so the attending could" I blush

"Well I suppose I could put a little bit of me inside you then" he says. I write that he is ready for operation and leave the room with a little 'Goodbye'

*Tenish that night*

Ben was out of surgery and out of the hospital an hour ago and I finished my rounds so I decide to go home.

I walk into the door and my cell phone rings.

"Hey Kayla" Petite Cookie says through the phone

"Hey How are you?"

"Good. We haven't talked for a while! How's it going?"

"Pretty good. Denver weather is very nice this season. How are you?"

"Fine. Working at as a waitress in Hollywood waiting for my career to kick off" she says sadly.

"You sound upset. What's going on?"

"I don't think it's going to work out. Acting. I just wish I would have gone to collage"

"Yeah? Well I have a small apartment. You can live here. Try to get something started in Denver." I offer. I mean she is my best friend. I can't not help her when she needs it.

"Really? Wow, that'd be cool but I don't want to impose"

"Don't worry about it. I'm barely home anyways. I leave for work early and come home late. This place needs a little spirit"

"Okay. I guess if you really want me to."

"Of course"

"Thank you so much Kayla. You are a great friend."

"When will I be expecting you?"

"Um I'll leave today so tomorrow?"

"Okay. Meet me at Denver Hospital, go to the surgical wing and as for me. I'll come as soon as I can to get you home"

"Thanks Kayla"

"Anytime bye"

"Bye"