Chapter 1

Vine covered walls whipped past me as I ran, my breathing was deep and my heart rate was fast, I exited the maze still running. I wiped my sweating forehead with the back of my hand, my (H/C) hair stuck to my face. I closed my eyes to blink, shielding them from the sunlight that shone so bright in my face, Wishing I had a pair of shades for my eyes and thats when I colided with someone. I felt my heart almost jump out of my chest, my face burned in embarrassment.

"Sorry Al-" I began to say. Stopping in mid sentence, I looked straight at a face. A smile grew.

The face had sandy blondish brown hair and green eyes, he had light freckles scattering the top of his nose and on his cheeks.  Looking around I noticed wood was scattered everywhere.  Did I do that?  Who is this guy? He must be the new Greenie I heard about.  But why didn't I get to see him when he came up in the box? Hmph... I must've been runnin' in the maze....

"Urgh... Sorry." I said to him,

"I'm (Y/N) You must be the new shank. I heard about you from Alby!" I giggled.

Hm.... Speaking of Alby. I wanted to tell him somethin'. I can't remember what though.

"Whats your name?" I asked. He looked away.

"Oh.. Don't worry about your memory, you'll get it back soon enough. Its happened to me and the others too. "

He didn't reply. Hm... not very talkative...

"Why where you carrying wood?" I asked, my voice perked with curiousity.

He raised an eyebrow.

"I thought maybe Alby and whats his name... Newton? Uhg whatever, I thought you guys actually wanted a hut to sleep in and not just outside on those hammocks."

Aw, How nice! I nodded. looking down at the ground again, and started to pick up the pieces of wood. My hands fumbled a bit, and I mentally slapped myself for doing that.

I tipped my head up and opened my mouth to say something.

"Heres your-!" Before I could finish my sentence, a KLUNK was heard. My head exploded in pain. My hand found its way to the aching spot. It throbbed and kind of burned.

Urgh. The shuck just happened?!

"Gally! My name is Gally!" I heard the boy exclaim.

Looking up I saw that he too was holding his head.

We must've bumped heads.

I smiled and he smiled back, it was a closed mouth smile,The corners of his mouth went up to reveal small barely noticeable dimples.  but something about it made my stomach do swirls, twists and turns.

"Well, welcome to the Glade, Gally."

"Thanks, Well I gotta go." He said as he picked up the wood with his muscular arms.

"Yeah me too. " I said, and we both walked in our separate directions.

"See you later."

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜°•.
Time skippy dee doo dah.
•°˜˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
I arrived at my hammock, the sky was beautiful. Reds, oranges and pinks mixed into the sky. Seemed like the sun was setting around this time. I was lost in my own wonderland, thinking about things like Gally's brown eyes and Gally's strong arms and Gally's- Wait What? What the Grievers?!  You just met this guy today!  Stop (Y/N)!

In The corner of my eye, I saw a spark come to life, Colors just the same as the sky went up. First it was little, then it grew and grew into tongues of  giant flames. We were having a campfire for Gally, like Alby and Newt did when I arrived to the Glade.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" A voice spoke, taking me out of my daydream. I turned my head to see none other than Gally standing next to me, his head titled up looking at the nightfall. Shuck you for sneaking up on me.

"It is indeed. I sit here and stare up at it every night. I like to think its my special thing. I feel comfort in it because I know I can depend on it"

He nodded but I don't think he understood what I was trying to say. So I tried to expand and tell him more.

"You see, If you hold on to flower, you know it will die one day. But with the sky, you know it wont go away. It will always be here no matter what happens."

I looked into his eyes.

" Its like an anchor. " He finally said.

"Yeah. Like an Anchor."

"Oi, Gally! (Y/N) ! The fires ready!" Newt called.

"Come on. It is your party after all." I nudged him a little.

Getting up, I offered him my hand, he took it and we walked to the bonfire. His touch made me all fuzzy inside. Giving him a quick glance I swear I saw a blush across his freckled nose.

Anchor:

~An anchor is something that which a person can concentrate on to keep themselves sane.~