Chapter 2

It was a grey, slow morning. I didn't want to get out of bed because of the long night I had before, The events flashed through my mind quickly. Dancing with Gally beside the bonfire, Joking around with the other boys and what not. Eventually, I got fully dressed, ate a nice breakfast and was ready to go running.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸Time Skip a few hours.¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

After a few hours of running and finding nothing new, I decided to take a break. I leaned up against a wall and let my breathing calm down. Taking my water out of my pack, I took a long sip. That's when I heard the clanks and the scrapping of metal. I shivered in fear. The sensation went from my toes all the way up to my nose. A griever rounded the corner, the creature was large, it was a dark gray. it looked around for its next victim. I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to muffle my breathing that I had just calmed down just minutes before. Maybe if I am silent, it won't notice me?

I stayed quiet as I squeezed my eyes closed and didn't move an inch from the position I was currently in, although I wanted to shake in fear so badly.

The silence made my blood run cold. Not only was I quiet, but I could no longer hear the familiar click click whirl, click click whirl of the disgusting parasite.

I felt drips of water come down on the top of my head. it was cold and running down my hair line, down my forehead and my nose. My first thought was Rain. But I couldn't be rain. Wanna know why? It never rains in the glade. That was my que for my breathing to speed up yet again. I slowly tilted my head up, and came eye to eye with the creature. It's mouth drooled saliva, It's eyes staring at me like I was Its next meal.

Tears filled my (E/C) eyes when I noticed it's mechanical tail make an appearance. It was positioned straight for my heart. Turning on my heel, I bolted for it. But I was grabbed from underneath my feet. I screamed at the top of my lungs and fought with all my energy to wriggle my foot out of its grasp. It hung me up, a few inches in the air, staring at my face again as I hung upside down. It's grasp was tight but then I had an idea. Using all my ab and back strength, I heaved myself up and tried to untie my shoe, my fingers brushed the strings but I eventually pulled myself up far enough, my abs and back muscles burning from being overextended and untied it. My foot slipped out of the shoe and I was now falling down towards the ground head-first.

My head burst in pain but I got up, my vision blurred a little, I had to make it back to the Glade. I got up and starting running, one shoe on my foot but I didn't care. My head swirled and dizziness took over, It felt like the world was spinning. That's what happens when you run alone. I collapsed, unconscious just outside the maze walls.

◦•●◉✿ Time skip a few weeks ✿◉●•◦

"Gally, You should eat and get some rest. You've been by her side for almost 4 weeks straight." I heard Newts voice.

"No, I'm staying until she wakes up." I heard Gally respond sternly.

Gally.

I opened my eyes, light shone in them. I stretched squinting a little and groaning.

"(Y/N) ! What happened?"Gally's rough voice spoke again.

"Gally, I-I.." I tried to explain.

"There was a Griever. " I began.

"I almost got stung."

He looked in my eyes, anger filled them.t

"And Newt just left you there?" No, Newt didn't leave me there.. . I'm allowed to run the maze alone. He just dosn't know that yet. I was afraid that he wouldn't let me go alone, but I wanted to prove him wrong.

" I'm gunna shucking break his neck." Gally yelled.

"How could he just leave you!?"

"No, Gally... I was alone."

"What? And you didn't tell me? You could have been killed!" He was walking away. But I grabbed his hand.

"I'm okay now... okay? " I didn't know what else to say. but I wasn't fine. Tears threatened to spill. I didn't want to be a runner anymore. I feared that something like that would happen again. Or even worse... What if there was a next time and that time, I do get stung?

He shook his head,

"I don't want you running anymore. Your going to be a builder like me. I'm going to talk to Alby about it."

"okay." I said, quietly thanking the heavens.

Looking around, I noticed I was in a little hut and not outside in a hammock. Last time I remember... There wasn't any huts in the Glade.

"Gally... How long was I out?"

"4 weeks and 3 days."

"What?" Was all I could say. I was surprised, but not in a good way.

"Yeah, its like you had a mini heart attack or something."

"But you built this?"

"Yeah, I didn't want you in a coma in the sun..." He answered awkwardly

His words made me smile. He did look rough and mean but he was a good person inside, I saw that the first day I met him.

"Thank you, Gally."

There was a silence in the room, before he turned and walked out of the hut. Probably to talk to Alby about me switching jobs.