By March (Andre Fili II)

Requested by AutumnReiJung

For those wondering, this is the second part of 'At March' and you can go back to that if you don't remember :)

***

4 months. 4 months has passed ever since I tried to take my own life just because of a scum excuse of a man.

4 months. It took me 4 months of recovery to get back to my feet and show my face back to the world. To show my face back to the company I passed my resume on. It's time for me to be stronger. 

And that would start by going to the gym.

With my duffel bag slung over my shoulder, I walked into the TAM gym with my head held high and my eyes looking straight.

Conor helped me out of course, training me for the past 4 months 7 days a week, 24/7. I told him I wanted to be stronger, to be someone unrecognizable. In my uncle's words, to be not me. 

I approach Urijah, who was talking with Cody, and beam them a smile "New recruit?" Cody asked, offering his hand towards me which I shook without thinking twice. 

"Of course, we gotta keep them coming" Urijah answered, looking at me with a smile as we shook hands "So Zoe Magele, this is Cody Garbrandt, TAM's champion and Cody-" Urijah motioned to Cody who has his arms cross "-Zoe Magele, newest TAM member" 

"Of course, big fan both of you. Who am I sparring with?" I asked, earning a laugh from both men.

"That's the spirit! Alright so here-" Urijah motioned me over to him, walking to him and he pointed at the blue mats "-that's Andre, he'll show you around. Let me call him, Andre!" moment of truth.

Andre looked at us and as soon as his eyes landed on me, my face went smug as the glow on his face died down "Yo Andre, come meet the new recruit" Urijah shouted across the gym.

Andre walked over to us as my arms crossed "Andre, this is Zoe. Zoe, Andre" I lend my hands out first and Andre shook it confusingly, unsure if it was really me or the ghost of his past comes back to karma to fuck out of him.

"Hi Andre, nice seeing you again" I said, smiling at him innocently.

Urijah and Cody looked at us, surprised even "You guys know each other?"

"No-"

"Don't worry Andre, I'll tell them" I cut Andre off, pulling my hand back as Andre looked at me cautiously "We met at my first day, when I talked with Dana about my contract." I looked at Andre who was looking at me the entire time "4 months ago"

"Well if that's the case, we'll just go and let you guys do what you need to do" Urijah said, smiling at me as he and Cody left, patting the shoulder of Andre as they walk away. 

"What are you doing?" Andre asked, gripping on my arm as he confronted me. Knowing his other Two comrades were far from us and will be unable to hear us "You're going to tell everyone here what I did?"

"Don't touch me" I told him sternly, not even giving any fucks about what he said earlier, a what I assume is a threat.

He let go of my arm and I stepped closer "Don't make this about you. My life went shit because of you, and now I'm going to make my life better- with you watching in the corner"

---

"How's training?" my uncle greeted me, who was sitting down on the couch as I walk in.

I dropped my duffel bag on the chair and sat down on the arm rest "Cynthia is my training partner, Andre bailed out"

"Maybe you're just to big for him to handle" I laughed at my uncle's reaction and gave him a hug, knowing family will be there for you whatever matter.

***

Sorry it took a while, Zoe!

And if you're experiencing this awful thing 'depression' I just want to let you know that it would be better. Don't mind the people who brings you down, but the people who looks at you as an inspiration and reason to live.

And when things are getting harder to handle, imagine the people you'll have to leave behind with a mental scar. Trust me, it will get better. There's a reason why you're going through that, it's because you're stronger than you think.

~R