➸ p r o f o u n d t h o u g h t s

She gasped as the dream broke and realised she was back in the shrink's room. Doctor Andrew walked in as soon as came to her senses.

"How are you feeling Aislin?" he asked gently his head titled to get a better look at her.

How was she feeling? She contemplated the question, she was refreshed but at the same time, she was exhausted. She felt exhilarated but also annoyed for some reason. She was not sure how she felt.

"I feel fine." She said completely altering her answer.

"Your mother said you had nightmares. But I saw you slept peacefully."He commented now carefully reading out from her file.

"That was right after the accident. I am fine now." She said bluntly.

"I can understand if you can't open up. People in your situation have survivors guilt." Andrew said writing something down.

This annoyed her, prying information out of her and judging how she felt. She gritted her teeth preventing from saying something rash in anger.

"I said I am fine, doctor." She repeated, this time with a slight edge to her tone.

Dr. Andrew looked up a little surprised but finally nodded.

"Okay, you can leave for now. We will be meeting alternate days and you don't have to talk if you don't want but you are not allowed to skip a meeting." He explained everything nicely.

Aislin nodded just wanting to get out of there.

"It was nice meeting you Aislin." He said with a smile.

And she nodded in return not in a mood for a smile and hurried out of his office. As she stepped outside, she inhaled deeply and let the breeze caress her face.

She closed her eyes and tried to recall the dream. There were monsters, some sort of dragons, Mizuchi, he had called them. And then there was a younger guy name Folred. The place was like an ancient looking castle or something.

But who was he, she can't see him, it was like she could hear what he thought but not always or maybe she could hear what he whispered to himself. His emotions were as conflicted as her, almost. He was a trained soldier, excellent with weapons.

And the way he yelled out, in the end, it was like he could hear her voice. But that was not possible, was it?

Suddenly she laughed out loud, she was going insane. One trip to the shrink and she was already losing sanity. This was like a fantasy novel, interactions through dreams. It was not possible for her to drift to sleep and see another land in her dreams.

But the battle was so real, she could feel the exhaustion from after math of all the action. She could feel the wind, too cold, on the turret. She could hear the flapping of flag hoisted on the turret. This was all too real and yet all so impossible.

Her mother car's horn broke her out from the reverie.

"Hey, Lina! How was it?" She asked sounding a little wary of her reaction.

And just for her mother's sake, she smiled nicely.

"It was good, I like Dr. Andrew. He is friendly and he let me sleep for two hours peacefully." She said with feigned enthusiasm in her voice.

Satisfied by her response, her mother smiled in relief.

"Please take you medicines on time Lina." Her mother said after a while.

"I will, I promise." She said having an idea.

She realised something and wanted to put her theory to test.

******

She has not been able to sleep since the day of the accident, not long enough to call it sleep. She did fell asleep due to exhaustion but the nightmares jerked her up. She would wake up sweating for about a week after the accident. It was not the case now but she was still unable to sleep.

She was scared of taking the pills not only because they were harmful because she was afraid to sleep, afraid of any kind of peace and calm. Yes, she had the guilt of the sole survivor.

But now after the two hours injection induced sleep she wanted to see if the pills will put her to an artificial sleep and she will get the dreams?

So silencing all the contradictions in her mind she popped a pill and gulped down water. She waited patiently on her bed for sleep to come, for the pill to numb her senses.

The sleep came but this time he was not there, this time it was nightmares. Her heart froze as she realized she had walked into this herself.

***

As you might have noticed chapters are on shorter not because that is how I feel it will be best, the shot of inspiration I get :D

Hope you like it :)